• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

4ll5op

1.9 standard. No pull between 3-4k revs

jackherer

And get them to change the crank seal while the gearbox is off even if it isn't the cause of your current problems. You don't want to have to take it off again for a while so it's worth fixing all the potential failure points.

4ll5op

Ok mate cheers I'll pass all the info on when he's back from his jollies 

Thanks

• Like 1

4ll5op

took the car to work this morning not sure if it makes a difference, but the car doesn't have this issue when cold. its after about 20-30 mins it will start

jackherer

I think that's how mine behaved when the crank seal was leaking oil onto the clutch, it was definitely a gradual deterioration but it was a long time ago so I don't recall if it had to warm up first or not,

When I finally took the gearbox off it was coated in thick tar like oil all over the bellhousing, it was amazing it had any drive at all.

4ll5op

if the crank seal was leaking would i be able to see this on the floor where i park? or would it be leaking internally only?

jackherer

Most of it goes onto the bellhousing so you wont see much if anything leaking out.

4ll5op

ok that makes sense. ive not seen anything leaking on the floor. thanks again ill let u know any updates

• Like 1