• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Weser

Been away (longer than intended) and need some advice

Weser

Hi guys. So I’ve been away a while. I know I was only a lurker before really however I quit my job last October (the best feeling) and now don’t spend my day infront of the computer screen. I don’t get screen time the same now so I’m not up to date. 

Anyway my cti is on the road but the gti has been getting a bit of welding and painting done on and off for the last few months. I had to take the front bumper off and we all know what the bolts are like. 

I’m in need of new bumper bolts. Sliders with the rubbers and hex bolt. Also a new bumper would be useful. What are my options? Are bumpers being re made yet? Any got pattern parts about. Also for the mounting stuff is BakerBM my best option for the stainless stuff? Anyone else doing replacements. 

Ive tried having some quick searches but getting a lot of posts. Didn’t know if someone could point me in the right direction easily. 

Cheers

Beeluff

I’ve used the baker BM bits on my bumpers with no problems.

regarding new bumpers- there are a few on eBay as new old stock, but I haven’t seen any decent aftermarket ones..... :)

Weser

Good to hear the bumper bits from Bakerbm are up to their usual standard! 

Any links to the eBay NOS bumpers. I can’t seem to find them. Guessing their mega money though. 

Beeluff

They were about £100 each for the bumpers....

ive got a number for a guy in Warwickshire that was selling a rear one, if you send me a DM I’ll message you his number and name?? :)

sp_en_ny

Hi Andy, welcome back ! Hopefully well get to see you at one of the Essex meets in the not to distant future ?

Got the roof sorted on the cab, turned out to be a faulty oil sender switch !

farmer

Got a large NOS purchase coming and got some rear bumpers oe in the package 

Weser

I need the front bumper really. I can re-use mine it’s not terrible just thought if there were decent replacements available I would change it. Thanks for the offers though. 

Hi Spencer. Yer I do keep meaning to come over to one of the meets again at some point. Glad you got the roof back working. The best weather to be enjoying the top down hey. 

• Like 1