Welcome to the brand new 205GTIDrivers.com website! We hope you'll enjoy it! Read the full notice here.

• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Gavin Waddell

Car starts then cuts out immediately

Gavin Waddell

Ok I’ll try that then i have already replaced all the connectors in the plug with new JPT ones. 

I will make up two new fly leads for CTS and AFM and connect them straight to the battery and see what happens.

Gavin Waddell

I went to the car today made up 2 new fly leads for the AFM and CTS connectés them to the battery and ..........nothing. Will have another look tomorrow and measure with the multimeter to see what values I get or have changed. 

I gone start maybe looking at the ignition coil side of things to see if I’m getting a trigger pulse. 

PhilNW

Presumably you mean the battery ground?

Gavin Waddell

Yeah sorry

PhilNW

Suggest you double check the resistance of your fly leads and original earths of the AFM and CTS connectors with the connectors and both terminals of the battery disconnected. The resistance of the fly leads should be less than 1 ohms.

Gavin Waddell

Went to check the resisitance of the grounds and they where identical for my fly leads and the original earths, between 0.50-0.60 ohms (multimeter  set at200ohms ).

PhilNW

Still got the 124 ohms on the AFM ground?

Gavin Waddell

I’m still working my way through this, the 134 ohms seems to be in all the grounds? Meaning I have a resistance some where. I’m going to make up a new   Cable from the gearbox to the battery’s and also from the ing/amp plate to the battery( i actually forgot to reconnect it whilst doing my testing, reckon it might influence something ?)

i found a really good site for checking and setting up the all the injection components http://www.dethomaso.fr/pages/DOCUMENTS_DE_REFERENCE-8085413.html

its all in french though ( luckily I’m fluent in french).

Another thing I wanted to change the écu earth cable bin 1 and 13 but can’t get them out of the connector im assuming they are standard JT connectors ? Any one ever had trouble with these before .

will keep posting my progress

PhilNW

Think you have got to chase down the high resistance ground(s) before you do anything. There must be a common fault somewhere for that to happen.

What the resistance at both ends of the gearbox to body cable and the battery ground ?

Would not start to start replacing individual ecu ground wires/connectors (1 and 13) at this stage, at the end of the day the car runs when either the AFM or the temp sensor are disconnected.

The pins have a lug on them that prevents them pulling dropping out

https://www.vehiclewiringproducts.co.uk/c-1-home/c-60-terminals/c-72-non-insulated-terminals/c-206-terminals-to-fit-mouldings

you need a special tool something like this 

https://www.vehiclewiringproducts.co.uk/c-1-home/c-60-terminals/c-72-non-insulated-terminals/p-351-terminal-extraction-set

to get them out  

Edited by PhilNW

Gavin Waddell

I’ve got the tool. But I can’t get the connector out, I’ve been able to replace all the other loom connectors but the écu ones don’t want to budge!!!!!

welshpug

have you taken the rear cover off and the lock strip out?