• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
SootySport

Pensioner 1.6GTI Refurb.

SootySport
2 hours ago, Leslie green said:

Good result now you are ready for the road again  :D

Yep, comes in useful as I'm  starting another project soon.

Mot man found one of my ring spanners still attached to one of the lower arm nuts:o

Leslie green

Haha I remember years ago my brother rang me as the rear brake was smoking on his 205 removed the wheel to find a hose clamp on the flexi hose the mechanic left weeks before. :lol:

Edited by Leslie green

SootySport

So I thought I would put th Pug up for sale thinking it would takes a few weeks to sell, well it only took two hours to get full asking price.   I was hoping to have some fun driving it whilst waiting for a buyer but was not to be, just an afternoons B road blast and it felt good.  It’s gone to another enthusiast who does his own painting but doesn’t like the mechanical bits.

I’m now into the next project, a V6 MX5 which just needs upgrading brakes and suspension into a track car. Going to make the most of this summer doing trackdays.

Thanks to all that helped me with my Pug questions, this is a quality forum and you know your stuff.  Here is the finished article 

IMG_3328.JPG

Edited by SootySport

tommo163

Hello Everyone, 

I'm new here just signed up this morning..... This is now my car, I bought it in November 21, it's just had a boat load of work on it and I'm looking forward to getting it back road ready for the summer!

@SootySport Did I buy this from you or did you sell it to a chap with loads of cars including another 205 GTI?

• Like 1

SootySport
On 3/16/2023 at 9:00 AM, tommo163 said:

Hello Everyone, 

I'm new here just signed up this morning..... This is now my car, I bought it in November 21, it's just had a boat load of work on it and I'm looking forward to getting it back road ready for the summer!

@SootySport Did I buy this from you or did you sell it to a chap with loads of cars including another 205 GTI?

Sorry for the slight delay  I sold it to a tyre dealer (in Surrey I think) who does have a few cars but in April 21 not Nov 21.