• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
petert

XU10J4 K24 Bottom End

petert

Here's an interesting way to build a 16V XU10. A Honda K24 rod is 152mm long and has a 48mm journal and a 22mm pin. That's very similar to an XU10J4 and because there's heaps of Honda's, rods are cheap. It's very easy to grind down a worn steel 88mm crank to 48mm. How many worn 49.70mm cranks have you thrown away?  A suitable piston could be a Wossner K9041D050 for example, which has a 22mm pin. A replacement XU10J4 piston should have a 23mm pin and have a 39.1mm compression height, so you need to be careful here. The K20/K24 rod bearing is also narrower than an XU, which means less friction. Food for thought?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Peugeot-306-2-0-S16-XU10J4-12-2-1-Wossner-Forged-Piston-Set/322843233014?hash=item4b2af4caf6:g:NosAAOSw6gBZ4NAJ

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/cnn-rsxsa65984h4/overview/make/honda

Edited by petert

B1ack_Mi16

I'm using already K24 / K20 pistons in my engines.

But with custom rods though.

Piston pockets are just fine for the Mi16 head.

Andy

You referred to the K24 rods in another post, so I looked them up. You are right. They are very cheap and easily available . Along with the pistons, it seems like a dream solution. Pity they are 152mm in length and therefore no use for we XU9J4 addicts