• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
swervygerdy

Rally car gearbox query

allanallen
1 hour ago, Thijs_Rallye said:

3J = the actual TranX guys. They left and started 3J as soon as it was sold to Quaife.

This is a Gripper LSD.

IMAG1860.jpg

IMAG1854.jpg

My gripper looked different to that, mine was fairly old though 

0C7792AD-9538-4185-8627-E774FB7B6009.jpeg

Edited by allanallen

Thijs_Rallye

@ Allan, ours has more lubrication holes, a chamfer in stead of a radius and a blackening treatment, for the rest they look pretty similar to me. So it looks like a slightly revised design. This one was bought in 2015 if I remember correctly.

Currently regretting I haven't bought one for my own street car atm since the Quaife ATB is slightly disappointing once you have driven with a Gripper.

allanallen
1 hour ago, Thijs_Rallye said:

@ Allan, ours has more lubrication holes, a chamfer in stead of a radius and a blackening treatment, for the rest they look pretty similar to me. So it looks like a slightly revised design. This one was bought in 2015 if I remember correctly.

Currently regretting I haven't bought one for my own street car atm since the Quaife ATB is slightly disappointing once you have driven with a Gripper.

Yeah the chamfer and the holes are what stood out to me, I know the internals haven’t changed as I had to buy plates and their was only 1 kind. 

Mines was at least 15 years old I’d  have thought, possibly more.