• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

johniban

205 gti6 coolant light

johniban

Good Evening,

So  after buying a 'plug and play' loom a couple of years ago for the gti6 to 205gti, the car has never really worked as it should, the starter motor was clicking and struggling to turn over, none of the instrument cluster functioned properly, i decided to investigate and found a complete bodge of half soldered wires some not even heatshrinked, starter wire was made of about 4 cuts of different coloured wire.

I have decided to take it all out and start again myself,

Everything is now great i am just confused with the Coolant Meter and Coolant Warning light wires, as the omex Ecu is using one of the coolant sensors there is only one left on the gti6 head witch i assume is for the coolant meter witch correct me if i am wrong is the coolant gauge?

Where do i attach the coolant warning lamp wire?  and what is this for? i assume its for the 'STOP' warning lamp but is that to say the coolant is too high? do i just need to buy a 205 gti coolant 1 blade switch for this? and use the spare blank in the gti6 head?

Apologies if that is confusing 

John 

welshpug

you can use the two 205 switches/senders yes.

none go in the head, they go into the thermostat housing, the green one is a coarser thread than the other two holes.

the blue gti6 item is a two pin thing, one for gauge and one for stop light, but i believe its a different scaling to the 8v one though i have never confirmed, would be easy enough to do so however.

johniban

I am aware they go into the thermostat housing i just wasn't being specific.

Thats no real help for me, both of the sensors in the 'thermostat housing' only have single pins in them, maybe i need to purchase new sensor just for the coolant stop light

welshpug

all three gti6 sensors should be two pin.

johniban

miine came from an xsara vta and only has 2 sesnors

dobboy

IIRC, the VTS engine i got had two sensors (and possibly a blank) on the Tstat housing, the GTI6 has three, (the additional sensor is brown to do with Air-con i think).

Your OMEX will be connected to a green sensor? (as that's the one for calculating injection?)

On the 205 Tstat housing there is a shorter sensor and a longer sensor (single blade), and iirc the shorter on is the actual sensor (variable resistance for gauge), and the longer one is the switch for the gauge warning light, (not the stop light).

So i think you want to get a Tstat housing from a GTI6, find the wires from the dash (iirc 47 and 47a and extend/or jump onto the GTI6 loom), and fit the two sensors from the 205 in the Tstat housing.

here's a pic i found of mine when i did GTI6 conversion, and all works as it should (you can see the single blade/wire sensors.

Treat the above with caution as it's been a while!

IMG_0669.JPG

johniban

oh great that exactly what i need, guess you can just get them on ebay

Gaz7612
On 12/03/2018 at 10:58 AM, dobboy said:

IMG_0670.JPG

Does anyone have a part number for the 2 single pin connectors? 

Or links to where I can buy them both please?

p.s sorry for the thread hijack

Anthony
14 hours ago, Gaz7612 said:

Does anyone have a part number for the 2 single pin connectors? 

024243 (105 degree) or 024249 (110 degree) for the high coolant temperature switch - that's the taller of the two that's in the middle of the three in Dobboy's picture.

133772 for the coolant temperature gauge sender - that's the shorter of the two that's at the top in Dobboy's picture.

They're the Peugeot part numbers, all showing as NFP, but you should easily be able to cross-reference them to readily available aftermarket items.