• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

1.9er

Immobiliser Issue

1.9er

Been having an issue with Sterling Touch key immobiliser.

Seems when the LED light flashes dimly, I can't disarm with the touch key as the immobiliser does not respond to the touch key.

Only when the LED flashes normal bright red does the immobiliser disarm and I can start the car.

To get it to flash bright red, it can be something like arming and disarming my alarm by remote key or opening and shutting the drivers door or turning the internal light on which jolts the LED back into action and it flashes bright red again,but not consistent as in most cases it does not resolve the issue.

Have replaced battery, starter motor and alternator .Seems when it is  flashing dimly  the LED is not getting enough current to it, hence why having this issue.

Any advice appreciated as it is now becoming a major issue.

allanallen

If you’ve checked all the wiring to the immobiliser unit, particularly any power feeds and earths i’d imagine the unit is knackered. 

Most problems I’ve had with them are the way they’ve been (badly) fitted, dry soldered joints etc. 

They’re inexpensive to replace or better still simply removed and binned. 

Tom Fenton

These units use the drivers doorcswitch to trigger them to search for the transponder. It’s so they use less power when in standby. I’d be double checking the drivers door switch and the wiring to/from.