• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mmt

Plumbing GTI6

mmt

Hi guys

What connects to the two smaller outlets on the waterhusing. And What connects to the two outlets on the steel pipe on the back of the engine? 

I guess one of the waterhousing outlets is connecting to the outlet on steel pipe. With a really small piece of hose. 

How do I connect the heater matrix and the Two remaining outlets. I also have an available outlet on the expansion tank:-)  

Thanks. 

welshpug

baker bm do a gti6 conversion hose set, not sure they do a LHD one but the two pipes on a gti6 engine are both for the heater matrix, the expansion tank will tee off into one.

mmt

I can’t quite make sense out of that. There must be RHD LHD differences. 

Any pictures anyone? 

jackherer

The BakerBM website says they do make a LHD kit - http://bakerbm.com/205.php?data=schkitgti6205

This kit has been designed for a Right Hand Drive 205 GTI. We can supply hoses for a Left Hand Drive set-up. Please email to discuss this option.

schkitgti6205lhd.jpg

It looks a lot neater than RHD, there is no T piece!

dobboy

This might help you's discuss..... 8v cooling circuit.

I can remember putting a 22mm copper "T" in the pipe that comes out the bottom of the expansion tank, but i can't remember much more.

205 water.jpg

Miles

You only really need a T piece or 1 silicone hose from the expansion bottle to the metal water pipe, the rest can be std and the top hose a 406 2.1 TD works a treat, if going silicone you need to make sure you get the right lower hose to the chassis water pipe, there is only one size (Small) and not 2 but what do I know