• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Lunatic

16V conversion - wich parts?

Lunatic

Hello,

first of all, I know that you/we had this topic a lot of times in this forum, but my english is not the best so I want to be absolutely sure about that. 

I've got a 92 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 and got my hands on a already shortened GTI6-manifold and rewelded exhaust-manifold.

What other parts do I need? As far as I am informed I "only" need the complete 16V-head. Is that right? ECU and loom do fit from the 8V (but with limiter at 6500rpm)?

Thanks

Andy

There is a huge amount of information on this forum that gives very precise and comprehensive details about the conversion you plan. It is possible to put a 16v head on your existing block, but you will need to change pistons and rods, inlet manifold and all the induction pipe work, ecu and loom, sensors( some of them ) . The list goes on. It would be much easier to purchase a complete 16v engine ( it could be the all Alloy Mi16 (XU9J4) or the later iron block xu10j4rs complete with loom , inlet system and ecu. Then the conversion is more straight forward. Given the exhaust manifold you already have, you will want the xu10j4rs, ideally complete as suggested above . With some re wiring, possible slight movement of the brake servo( unless your car is left hand drive ) and some exhaust re -plumbing, you are there . 

However, lots of information on this site. May I suggest that you do a bit more searching before making more purchases . Best of luck with your conversion 

welshpug

gti6 manifold does not need shortening to fit!!

I would definitely get a standard inlet and a gti6 engine and wiring loom and ecu.