• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

floodys

1.9 rear wheel bearings, complete hubs or bearing?

floodys

Need both rear wheel bearings for the 1.9 205, it’s a 309 beam so I don’t suppose I makes any difference? 

The bearing/hub that came out was a SKF446595. Just want to know if one can get just the bearing to press in or doni need to buy the whole hub and bearing assembly?

Cheers 

welshpug

its a complete assembly, just look for 205/309 disc rear bearing and you'll find rhem

floodys

Cheers, quick look on GSF, ABS lists @ £75 and non ABS @ £143, quick comparison and they are the same sort from the width shock must be the ABS ring? Worth getting the ABS one even though not having it? To save £££

FE363AE3-E113-4419-8EAB-425C7934D611.png

Tom Fenton

What is up with what you have? It is possible to tap the inner race out, clean out the old hard grease and re grease them. As you can see they aren't cheap!I

floodys

Having stubs done by Allan and pulled old ones off thinking just new bearings, didn’t realise it was complete units, they will discount down so not to bad. Old ones are all over the place plus not sure if I have all the ball bearings! 

Anthony

Even ABS equipped 205's didn't have ABS specific rear hubs (ABS is on the front axle only) so I'd guess they're actually listing ZX/306/Xsara rear ABS hubs.  If that's true, AFAIK they're wider (hence the different offset disks) and won't correctly fit a 205 length stub axle.

floodys

Only going on the GSF website or lists 2 for 205 1.9 non and with ABS, as can be seen in pics all sizes are same apart from what I think is the “abs ring?”

21A68B84-4930-4D5D-A5C3-35F8C4C7FFB8.png

599345B7-8FD6-48EC-A372-B4416EA2CC69.png

welshpug

careful with GSF, if its a Vetech branded item I would avoid them.

also as mentioned the 205 never had abs sensors on the rear so you don't need the abs ring, and it may not fit.

the bearing itself may be identical and the difference in total width and longer stub axle may be due to the spacer behind the bearing, so there's a chance it could fit with the ring removed, however some rings are not removable.

floodys

Anyone got a recommendation of where to get these then at a reasonable price? 

welshpug

never bought any personally I'm afraid but the last one I fitted came from a local factors in the silver premier box and was an SNR item, SNR provided most of the OEM bearings that peugeot used back then.

Also had reasonable success with Firstline bearings, many of them have been SNR stamped.

Miles

In the past the GSF bearings have all been 306 ones so don;t fit, also the clearance on the stub axle pin meant you could slide them on and off by hand (No good) Look at mister Auto, bearings are not cheap mind for good ones

allanallen

I can supply a quality bearing (normally FAG) for about £70 each if its any help Ian.

• Like 1