• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

j4mes

Going to see one this week

j4mes

So I’ve been looking for a while for a 205 gti and been told a guy I work with has an [rusty in colour orange] 1.9. In his garage on a N plate been garaged for a while. 

Couple of of questions I can’t find any orange 205’s if this has been re-spayed will it reduce value?  

Its done nearly 100k and he’s said he has done cam belt few years ago and just needs cv boots to be sorted. 

What money would you think it’s worth. 

Will put put up more spec and pics when I get to see it. 

Apart from the obvious service bits what would you do before driving it. 

Thanks 

welshpug

quite unlikely its a gti if its on an N registration, the last ones were in 94 on an L, base models still trickled out till N though.

j4mes
27 minutes ago, welshpug said:

quite unlikely its a gti if its on an N registration, the last ones were in 94 on an L, base models still trickled out till N though.

Ah was thinking it’s too good to be true

Leslie green

What are you looking for that has taken over 5 years so far when there are 100's on Ebay every year , could have had one in 2012 for a fraction of the cost now ! You really need to get one bought before they get too expensive ,miami blue on on the bay now .

Edited by Leslie green

SootySport

Could of been originally red, the red paint does fade in sunlight and can look orange.   Seen a few myself recently  up to the £5k. mark and not impressed at the state of them.   Have a check for rust on the boot floor, left strut turret under the bonnet, the cills to the rear of the doors.  What ever you buy you'll need to spend another couple of thousand on top to make it a reliable and rust free car.   They are all 25+ years old now so not surprising they will need 'Work'.  Alternatively buy this one, should be ok-----

205 GTI .

I'm due to see one this weekend, been recommended as a good starter project.

Leslie green

One too many zeros on the price lol Saw one on the bay 7k but needed a respray ! 5k will get a half decent moted runner it sure won't be mint anymore .

Lovely red one in a dealers on the bay for 10k , was 11k but been on a while now.

Edited by Leslie green