• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Lunatic

Gutmann 16V Kit?

Lunatic

Hi there,

can anyone help me with this? I've got a 92 1.9 GTi and as far as I remember there was a Gutmann-kit avaliable for a 16V convertion where you could use the stock wiring loom, ECU (??), throttle body,... Is that right? Can anyone tell me more about it?

Thanks

j_turnell

I'm sure Henry will have some more info on this. But essentially the i16v ran the mi16 with re-angled exhaust manifold, custom cast gutmann  inlet with 8v throttle body, 8v gti thermostat housing and dizzy with a dizzy drive adapter. The stock wiring was then used on a delimited ecu. The battery was relocated to the boot and a custom air filter assembly used in its place. 

Lunatic

Any chance to get the parts somewhere?

j_turnell

The Gutmann engine parts rarely come up forsale. I'm lucky enough to have a gutmann 16v inlet manifold but I've never seen any other gutmann 16v parts for sale. They weren't that popular in the UK due to the large expense of the conversion. Wheels, spoilers and other Gutmann styling is a bit more common but still hard to find. 

welshpug

you are most likely to find parts in Austria and Germany, I know of a red gti near Graz that has the full kit.

Lunatic

Any chance you sell the inlet?

wicked

Maybe unwanted advise, but I would not used the gutmann management solution with the dizzy and running on 8v management.

I've seen an Mi16 on 8v management and dizzy adapter; I think its poor mans solution. Stick to the 16v managment.