• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MattCPR

Little bit of help

MattCPR

Hi, I’m in the middle of restoring a 1990 1.9 in Cherry Red. I imagine I am going to be on here a lot picking all of your brains for help and advice. One thing so far I’m slightly stumped on is having sorced 2 brand new genuine new doors I need to try and figure out what kind of Rivnut I need for the exterior door handle to bolt to. Cars going into Paint at the weekend so will hopefully start with the rebuild over Christmas. Any replies are greatly received. Thanks, Matt. 

pugdamo

It's been a while but I thought the male part of the thread was in the door handle and it just had 2 10mm nuts on it. 

MattCPR

No just above the door handle hole to the right hand side is a rivnut with a thread in. Must be a bolt that goes through the handle into it. Stripped this car about 2 years ago and then got busy with other ‘paying jobs’ so it’s been put to the back.