• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ted

Pulling Out Dents

Guest Ted

has anyone tried one of those suction cup things that claim to pull out small dents?

jj205

hi mate, ive tried one of those cheap ones from one of those cheap car shops, it does get a good hold on the pannel so to pull it out, but it all depends on the type and position of the dent on the car, it worked on my car when i got it, it had a dent rear quarter, it pulled it out, but you could alway see the crease,

I watch one of those dent master guys do a neigbours car onece, they seem to use them, but have allsort of other looking gadgets, like special shaped metal bars etc, but you can always see where the dent has been because the metal stretches, but as long as the paint is okay, only the trained eye will see, i reckomend giving it a go, its better than messing about taking off pannels etc.

Jonathan :wacko:

Gary

As above,i've got one but it only works on a large flat surface.I have a slight dent in my door,but it doesnt work because the door is concaved.

Guest yoda

The professionals can get rid of the crease though cant they? :wacko:

Ed

Gaz

Usually better and easier to remove dents from the inside altho the suction cup does usuall improve things if u can get hold.

Gaz

GLENF

I work with a guy who removes dents on Brand New cars all day long.

He uses various bent stainless steel bars.

He works from the back of the panel, from the edge to the centre until its slightly raised then very slightly taps the inperfections back down.

He gets an orange peel effect, then flats with a flat stone(?), followed by a 2500 paper. Then polishes it back up.

Ive tried it on my GTi & its hardwork. It cost me 50 quid for him to do 3 dents for me & hes a mate.. :wacko:

GLENF

I cannot tell where the dents on my car have been!!

:wacko:

The pro's should have no problem with removal, although I doubt it is cheap

Edited by GLENF

Sign in to follow this