• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Atari Boy

What Have Missed ?

Atari Boy

Apologies, I have not been on here for a while, since September 2014 it seems. I still have my 205's although neither has turned a wheel in the past few years which is rubbish.

What has been happening in the world of 205's in the past few years? It seems values have been increasing, does this mean everyone is converting their GTi6's back to 8v's or is there still a healthy conversion appetite?
It is good to be back; I am keen to use my 205's this year.
Thanks,
Jonny

steve@cornwall

Prices gone up..parts availability gone down.better prices for originality but others people will always convert and update.

Tom Fenton

Hey up Jonny. Good to see you back. Get those 205's used.

Henry Yorke

Welcome back Jonny. Speculators have moved in and everyone thinks their 205 is worth £7k minimum and £20+k if it is a Dimma! Other than that, it is mainly the same middle aged blokes with cars they have had for years! Some good repro parts out there. Mi16's are scarce and you'd be a bit mad to convert a standard car to a GTI6 now if it was in good nick, with so many already converted ones out there. CTI's are still worth nothing!!

You get more appreciation from other users when you drive past in a 205 now than you did a few years back as the classic car mags have done features on them.

Get yours used!

ALEX

CTI'S worth nothing! LOL.

Well a bit less than the Gti's are going for. :ph34r:

Atari Boy
This all sounds very encouraging, it is great there are more reproduction parts becoming available, it is a true sign of values increasing.

One that note, it sounds as though I can justify spending some money on the paintwork of my 1.6 that has 230,000 odd miles, it is otherwise really tidy and defies the miles that it has covered. Thanks for the warm welcome back.

Jonny

Atari Boy

This is embarrassing, but since my last post in 2017 I haven’t done a thing with my 205’s.

In the past month I have however received planning permission for a three and a half car garage, so the 205’s will be at home and on the road this summer.

Edited by Atari Boy
  • Like 1