• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
griffo

205 Paint Code Types (Stencil)

griffo

Hi, I'm trying to determine when the various paint code types, eg: '1607 S0' vs P3KB, where used and whether the change in format occurred at the change of Phase.

It looks to me from the few I have seen is that the 4 numeric codes where used on the Phase 1 205s and then maybe to the 4 alphanumeric codes from Phase 1.5 onwards.

Unfortunately all of the Phase 1.5 205 GTi's I have seen over here in OZ, including my own, have no codes visible... either never there or 'worn' off.

Also I get the impression that the Phase 1 cabrios used the 'E' type codes which might be due to the Pininfarina production differences.

TIA

griffo

Henry Yorke

EPY GL is Atlantic Blue if that helps :)

griffo

EPY GL is Atlantic Blue if that helps :)

Hi Henry, thanks for that, but what my question is when did Peugeot transition from using the paint stencil code like '1607' to 'P3KB' as an example. Same with the 'E' codes.

Early GTi's I have seen on the web appear to use the numeric version and later ones the alphanumeric version.

I do have all of the codes for the 60+ 205/309 colours, just not when they were used,

Cheers