• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

nveeate

Uprated/improved Gear Linkage Rods

nveeate

Can anyone recommend where to buy a set of gear linkage rods? I bought a set from Dan via the forum a while ago, but just can't find where I've put them (and a guaranteed way of making them turn up is to buy some more).

The gear changes are fine, but the top linkage pops off very easily, and at 95k miles they're probably all due replacement to tighten the shift up a bit.

Thanks

Anthony

Kam Racing (Batfink on here) and Pugracing (Miles) both sell them.

I think that the claims of tightening the shift are usually slightly overblown, but will unquestionably fix the worn linkage popping off issue for good.

allanallen

I find bronze bushing the L linkage and the gear lever pivot usually makes a massive improvement over the worn (or even new) plastic bushes.

nveeate

I find bronze bushing the L linkage and the gear lever pivot usually makes a massive improvement over the worn (or even new) plastic bushes.

Hi Allan, cheers - I might try that too. Don't suppose you have a links to the correct bushes do you?

EDIT: It's ok, found it! http://bakerbm.com/205.php?data=bbush205linkage

Edited by nveeate

Alan77

Get the linkage bush kit and the rods from BakerBM, don't forget the 10% discount.

Fit and forget...

allanallen

Hi Allan, cheers - I might try that too. Don't suppose you have a links to the correct bushes do you?

EDIT: It's ok, found it! http://bakerbm.com/205.php?data=bbush205linkage

Worthwhile checking the gear stick one too, not sure anyone sells aftermarket ones though

Anthony

Worthwhile checking the gear stick one too, not sure anyone sells aftermarket ones though

GTI6BOY on here did once upon a time, but he seems to have disappeared from the scene so I'm assuming they're no longer available.

Biggles

BBM do IIRC