• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

blandy

Synchro Inspection

blandy

Are the gearbox casings interchangeable? I.e I have a xsara box which as you'll see above has yet another different selector/fork set up allbeit intact. Is there any reason I can't just fit the assembled shafts into the xsara casings using those forks and selectors etc?

Miles

Mike

Is the one I sent with just the 'U' shape, if so I sent the wrong one :wacko:, But BE1 use that type, But with Xsara BE4 box's the 3&4 selector is different again as it has a sprung part on it too

blandy

Yeah it is the lower lever is identical just the upper one is different lol.

blandy

Would you have a be3 one?

welshpug

I don't think there would be any issues using the BE3 shafts in the BE4 casing as long as you have the BE4 selectors.

(always wondered what that sprung bit is for Miles ?? )

blandy

I started to build up the box but now noticed the little spring on the be4 lever is distorted so not 100% confident that it'll hold once in use so going back to the simple option of getting s be3 lever. The one good thing of the whole saga is after taking apart and putting together numerous times I can build it up pretty quick been a good learning curve

blandy

I'm guessing the spring bit is to stop you going from 5 - reverse?