• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
GazMav

Engine Rubber Mount Height

GazMav

Hi all,

Can someone measure the rubber mount height on the standard 205 engine mount please?

I am doing a V6 conversion and had a custom rubber mount made but thinks a little short.

Thinking of using the standard mount.

Just need the height without the thread, so the actually height it will lift the engine.

Thanks all,

petert

Standard is 75mm. The Vibra-technics std replacement mount is also 75mm, but the race version is a bit shorter, 65 or 70 from memory.

• Like 1

GazMav

Awesome cheers

joris_andriesse

Does any of you know the width of the mount and the thread size of the bolts?

Same question for the gearboxside mount, does any of you know the measurements from that one?

I want/need to drop my engine a little bit to get enough clearance under the bonnet for the throttlr bodies airfilter and I'm thinking of trying a vibration damper with the right measurements, since that's way more affordable than the Vibra-technics engine mount (which looks amazing btw).

image.png.8cc239532b28625fdf2603c8b5294f27.png

welshpug

I'd get the angle of the inlet altered rather than messing with engine mounts, sump is already a little vulnerable, CV joints will get a bit close to the subframe too.

joris_andriesse

I have a Satchell kit, not going to adjust that one ;)

welshpug

their early one was a bit high, I sent my original one back to be altered

joris_andriesse

I bought mine last december, so I recon that should be the latest version.
But the following is also mentioned on their website "The kit is designed for competition cars running single skin bonnets, alternativly it will be necessary to trim the internal of a standard bonnet to clear the filter." so it will not fit with a original setup (not sure though whether that was also mentioned on the 'old'  website, when I bought the set).

I took away a piece of the bonnet issolation and made the lower enginemount bracket a bit shorter, now it almost fits (bonnet is still slightly touching the filter). So still want to drop the engine a little bit (5-10mm) there is enough space around shafts/subframe/wishbones, that shouldn't be a problem.

petert
14 hours ago, joris_andriesse said:

since that's way more affordable than the Vibra-technics engine mount (which looks amazing btw).

Just dig deep and buy the race version. It will solve all your problems. Additionally, it has M12x1.75 on the top, rather than M10x1.5 top and bottom.