• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Gman

Fitting New Aux Pullies?

Gman

I have a dodgy rattle/squeal which I suspect is coming from either of the two aux belt pulleys, especially as the bearing on the tensioner on the second-hand rallye set-up wasn't the best when initially fitted.

I don't really have time to sort this myself, so will be giving the car to my local mechanic. I have a track day booked for the 14th Oct, so would like to hand the car over with as much info as possible to avoid any delays in getting it sorted.

Questions:

1. What are the part numbers for the two pulleys, and can they be changed with the engine in situ as space is very tight?

2. billet versions of the pulley only are available - how do you remove and replace, as the pulley mounting frame thing is retained?

Many thanks

Graham

Gman

anyone?

boldy205

You can surely replace the aux pulleys in situ, as a cam belt can be done in situ. So are you saying you can only get billet versions?!

Gman

Thanks. Agree they can probably be swapped out in situ, and both OE and billet options are available, albeit the billet ones are just the pulley itself and not the actual bracket that's bolted to the block.

The billet ones are similar in price to OE bits, so the former would be preferable if I can work out how to swap them out.

allye

If you give your mechanic the correct pulleys and belt he'll be able to do it in no time. There are worse cars out there for auxiliary belt changes.

For tensioner and idler I'd be using oe not billet personally.

boldy205

yup, id be going for OE too. as above id provide the mechanic with a set of pullys, can these not be ordered in advance?