• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

AndrewP

Where To Find Rear Bumper To Valance Bolts/nuts/washers?

AndrewP

My rear bumper is off the car right now as my rear valance is off for a respray. Although I sheared most of the bolts getting the bumper off, I've managed to source new items for all but the bolts that hold the body coloured valance to the black bumper. The ones that came off the car seemed to be something like M8 x 20 with nylocs and spacing washers but I've no idea if that's OEM correct or not.

Any ideas what I should be looking for and where I can get them? All the usual places on the net are drawing a blank. Thanks :)

farmer

6994 53 from a dealer will get a fitting kit

1 per bumper required

Alan77

From memory the rear valance is held on by a nut, bolt and washer in the corners and the centre, and is then just clipped in four places by a white clip (kinda like a white crocodile clip). The clips are still available from the dealer p/n 742047 and are 77p each. Also found on eBay for a fiver for four.

AndrewP

Farmer, I don't need the full fitting kit, it's just the 3x bolts I need :)

Thanks Alan, I've got the 4 white clips (got them off ebay for a fiver as you said :D ) it's the 3x nut/bolt/washer I'm after.

I don't mind sourcing sometghing sensible (M8 by 20 should do it) but I want the spacer/washer to be correct so it all looks correct when it's back on the car.

Edited by AndrewP

Alan77

I just used some stainless nuts bolts and repair washers when i refitted mine. Looks neat and tidy.

Miles

As Alan's said, Nut's and bolts is a much better way as it keeps the valance tight on the bumper, those clips let is hang down slightly which unless going for 100% OE not worth using, Pop along to Screwfix