• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
B1ack_Mi16

Where Do I Buy Front And Rear Bumpers These Days?

B1ack_Mi16

As title says really.

I need both bumpers for my new 205, in addition to the front spoiler (is that the correct term really?).

Front spoiler I seem to be able to get locally, but bumpers seem to be a no-go.

wicked

Want them new?

If not and you can handle a drill, you can make non-gti bumpers fit. Lot easier to find in good shape.

AlexRS2782

Original genuine bumpers are NLA / NFP and have been for the best part of a year or two now I believe.

The last genuine front bumper that sold on eBay went for pretty silly money £300+ I think) so if you're not worried about originality NeatCarParts (Neat Autos) on eBay supply aftermarket grey & black versions for around £50 delivered. CentralPanels on eBay do similar at circa £40 delivered - not sure whether or not it's the same manufacturer. Avoid the eBay Trader in Somerset if possible as he sells exactly the same part but with a significant mark up making them circa £90-100 delivered.

I've had an aftermarket black front bumper on mine (fairly certain it was supplied by CentralPanels) for the best part of the last 7 years and fitment wise it was great although it has faded a bit over the years but is easily recovered with one of the usual plastic / rubber care products.

The original red trim will retrofit into the aftermarket bumpers although you can also get an aftermarket red trim to suit the bumpers but it's more shiny & rounded compared to OE.

B1ack_Mi16

Ok, I seem to have been able to source the rear bumper locally now, and also just ordered a new front spoiler.

Drilling out a non gti one might be an option I guess if I really just can't find one new.

I found the NeatCarPart ones, although about 100£ in shipping, so not very cheap in the end, although reasonable prices on the bumpers itself.

Color is not a problem though, as I need to paint the plastic trim black (as it was already painted in the old body color), so to make it a proper job I need to paint bumpers as well.

mech205eng

I bought a pair of bumpers from neat, totally s*it! The front one had a big scuff on it, my 27 year old original one was better so I kept that. The back one didn't have scuffs but still had scratches on it. Where ever they are moulded must not have any quality control. Probably best off getting a half decent condition used one

dobboy

Try Hadrian panels,

B1ack_Mi16

Might just take the one from my track-car which is almost unused new and put an older one onto that, as it's after all just a track car :)