• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Luke

Sourcing A Walker Exhaust

Luke

My exhaust has rotted and I'm struggling to get hold of the part I'm after. I've managed to replace the backbox with new Walker back box bud does anyone know where I would be able to get hold of the middle section of the 2-part system? Preferably Walker branded as from a quick search on the site, these have the split in the downpipe like the original.

I have found the part number (Walker 15501) and found it on Mister Auto but it's out of stock:

http://www.mister-auto.co.uk/en/middle-silencer/walker-15501_g3436_a01315501.html

Mister auto have said it's not likely to be in stock any time soon. Annoyingly it is in stock on their French site but they refuse to sip from this site to the UK:

http://www.mister-auto.com/silencieux-intermediaire/walker-15501_g3436_a01315501.html

Any help appreciated!

Cheers

welshpug

Euro car parts supplied a walker exhaust last time I used them

Anthony

Euro car parts supplied a walker exhaust last time I used them

They might still be able to source them special order, but as a general rule they're selling Klarius s**te now.

Luke

I'll drop euro car parts an email but they only list Klarius on their site.

Edited by Luke

stumpyjag

Please let me know if you get anywhere with ecp as I'm looking for one too. Thanks

farmer

My motorfactor is supplying the Walker systems still

AlexRS2782

Thought i'd bump this thread after a search, rather than starting a new one.

I've noticed that the Walker combined 1 piece downpipe & centre silencer is currently around £75 odd delivered from Mister Auto via eBay, or less than that via their own site with a discount code.

On that basis, are these still a decent setup to use?  Does the d/p still feature a split like the older versions?

Cheers.

Edited by AlexRS2782

Anthony

I bought one of the Walker Phase 2 front sections from Mister Auto last year when they were even cheaper.

It doesn't have the split like the older Walker systems, and subjectively I don't think the quality is as good either.  I haven't yet fitted it to the car, so can't comment about it from that angle.

I have both an old and new Walker system in the garage so could photograph them to show the differences if you like, although won't be able to until the weekend.

AlexRS2782

Cheers for the info Anthony.  Shame about the d/p split, but I guess that was to be expected as none of the other systems have it now (although I noticed Mister Auto are still using the old cutaway pic which gives the impression there is a split which is probably why I got my hopes up).

Yeah I guess it would be interesting to see the differences in both - might even be a useful reference for anyone else doing a similar search :)

dobboy

Just wait 'till you see the size of the boxes they deliver the Walker stuff in!

I got two coffins delivered last year, and i mean coffins.

When i ordered the Walker Ph1/1.5 dp years ago it came without split.

The Walker catalogue online shows all the variations.... i was surprised how many exhausts are available for them. I painted all my latest Walker stuff with high temperature paint before i put it on, after the Klarius stuff went brown and fell to bits overnight. 

Think if i was ever to put an exhaust on again i'd bite the bullet and go custom stainless.

AlexRS2782

Yeah I found that post about the coffins on another thread when I was searching lol

I think a stainless setup from Miles is definitely the direction i'm going in.  I think I was just seeing if there was a cheaper option to get the OMP system off the car in the meantime, but by the looks of, as i'm hopefully keeping the car for the long term, i'm better off just getting it done once via Miles rather than chopping and changing and either mating it to my existing d/p that came with the OMP and has a split in it, or finding a decent 4 branch or retro 2 piece divorced post d/p from the '90's instead.

Just a shame I sold both my decent condition Magnex manifolds I had over the years :(  I only let them go as I was determined not to modify the engine / exhaust and keep it standard.  Hindsight and all that I guess.

Miles

I've got a couple of those Mongoose Downpipe's with the 2 pipes instead of the split, Did show them to my exhuast man but it as always is too expensive to make in small numbers, so I'm sure I could let one go

AlexRS2782

Sounds good Miles :)  I'll probably give you a call on Friday re booking my car in, at a time suitable for you, for the exhaust and also 1 or 2 other issues that appear to have come back this month.  Might as well look to sort some it now, rather than lump it all in one go around MOT time in April.  Plus it will be a quieter run to the MOT station in the future once the OMP is off :D

• Haha 1