• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

peakrevs

205Gti/be3 Clutch Cable

peakrevs

Currently the clutch pedal on my trials car takes the cable with a clevis pin. The cable has just broken and has been a pain to replace. So the plan is to adapt the pedal to take the later cable with the plastic fitting. If as I suspect this just hooks over the pedal, it should be a lot easier to fit.

Two questions if I may please.

Does anyone have a picture of the profile of the end of the pedal that I would need to reproduce to take the plastic fitting.

Where can I get a decent cable. NOS would be ideal.

Thank you for your help.

John

allye

Just buy a BE3 pedal from any diesel or XU engine car to sort out that end. I'm actually unsure about the other end though.

I recently got a Delphi I think, cable, OE quality easily from mister auto.

welshpug

all post 90 clutch pedals are the same, though its easy to modify the earlier pedal.

most motorfactors worth their salt will supply a cable for you, typically ordered in from their suppliers as its not a commonly stocked item.

Edited by welshpug

steve@cornwall

From memory the length of free cable at the clutch end differs between be1 and be3 cables. Can't remember which way around so you may need to space out the clutch end or it may be too short!

toolie72

You can't get be1 cables from Peugeot for defo-they will supply you though with a recognised alternative

I got new one from Peugeot on Tuesday for my be1 and it was made by Firstline

I would argue to give eBay a miss and just get one from motor factors-if it's crap at least you've got comeback

Ps my new cable from peugeot(ish) was £19.75 +vat

Pps most factors will have a book with pictures to show difference (for cross over years etc)

Miles

I'd stick with the metal end, less common to fail over plastic, cables are dead easy to find and I do have around 4 new ones at work along with OE BE3 cables, but as said the cables are different as are the mounting hole in the pedal box unless it's the late 88 model where the cable use the later round hole