• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Woosey

Mark 2 Door Cards

Woosey

basically my 205 GR has a horrible tweed interior :D so ive sourced a black dash (2 in fact!) with the leather 3 spoke steering wheel, im also in the process of sorting out either xs or gti seats but i cant seem to find and dark/black door cards (car is a 5 door B) ) teh rest of my car is mk 2 (1992) apart from the doors, thanks pug!!

Any ideas how to get mk 2 door cards onto mark 1 doors?

thanks

chris

Guest j_turnell

Nah its really difficult to do because the pin and grab handle etc is in different places your best bet is finding some phase1 GT door cards least theyd be better than the GR ones.

Zoldalma

Going from memory (I've put Ph.2 doorcards in my Ph.1 GTI, so there might be differences in details), I needed to change:

-door opening handle & surround

-door armrest & the plastic fixing inside the door (the screws must be at a different angle)

-door lock pin (the plastic thing at the edge of the window)

-window inner insulation (top edge of the doorcard)

-and there's one extra hole for fixing the card on ph. 2 doors, so you'd need to remove the plastic bit that'd match this, to prevent the card from sticking out. It's near the rear view mirror.

Sign in to follow this