• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
backroadpug

1.9 Gti Missing At Low Revs And No Idle

backroadpug

Hi long story short. Had a mi16 and loom in my gti now have removed and fitted a 1.9 gti engine and loom and ecu back in. The engine and loom came out a running car. The only thing I have changed is back to standard inj as it was on bike carbs. So I had a 1.6gti air flow meter and also 1.9 inlet inj and tb lying around. She fires and runs but has a bad misfire up to about 2500k then is ok and also doesn't idle. Ive noticed the sad valve is there but no plug for it and no pipe work connected? And also would the 1.6 airflow be affecting it? Thanks Richard

Anthony

1.6 AFM isn't ideal but I've seen cars that have had them fitted and they normally work well enough that the car will drive. That is of course assuming that the AFM itself is good!

Since you mention that the SAD doesn't have any pipes attached - is the union on the AFM-TB pipe and the union under the inlet manifold where the pipes would connect blocked? If not you'll have a massive airleak. The SAD not being plugged in won't cause immediate running problems, just means that the SAD will take ages to close and give a high idle speed when warmed up.

backroadpug

Thanks for the reply. Hope to spend a bit of time on it tonight. There is a pipe runs from bottom of inlet to one of the pipes just before air flow which I assume would by pass the sad? Starting to think it will be a vacuum or summit silly.lol