• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ESPANTA

Xud Help

ESPANTA

So i've just bought a '93 205 xad 1.8D with a 1.9D swap done by the previous owner and what it happens is that each time i corner or brake the warning lights on the dash light up.

In my dads Citroën it had a similar problem and it was the antiroll sensor or something similar(cant remember correctly what it was)

Anyone already had a similar problem or might know what its causing this?

Any help would be apreciated...

Anthony

Might sound like a silly question, but has it got enough oil in it?

Low oil pressure causes the STOP, low oil pressure, and high coolant temperature lights to come on, and can happen if the oil level is low enough that cornering or braking moves the oil away from the oil pump pickup in the sump, starving it of oil.

If you're sure that the oil level is correct, carefully check the engine wiring loom for any evidence that it has been rubbing and shorting out.

ESPANTA

Just serviced it a week ago (oil + filter + coolant + water pump and belts) so levels are all ok

The lights that come up are exactly those 3

Already thought about wiring problems. Even something that might be disconected or not conected properly.

I'll have to check the whole wiring wire by wire in that case... Or leave it as it is and just swap a 1.9td in it and solve all problems at once xD

Weser

Its not low brake fluid?

Pretty sure the warning light comes on when the fluid is low. Can't remember exactly but when my fluid got low in my diesel the light came on I think.

If not sounds like it could be wiring as said.

Edited by Weser

Anthony

Only the handbrake light comes on with low brake fluid, not STOP or any of the others.

The only combination that will light up STOP, oil pressure and coolant temperature warning lights is low oil pressure.

Weser

Oops my bad. Couldn't remember exactly which light it was.

ESPANTA

Checked the oil level today just in case and is still normal. Need to check the wiring

And while im here: are the internals between the 1.9d and 1.9td engines the same? Or the 1.9d has weaker internals?