• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

driversdomainuk

205 Gti Prices?

welshpug

They know 205 geeks wont be buying them.

dobboy

Odd how such an honest sounding car got a full respray and restoration?...

And they are usually bare metal resprays, which probably takes the original anti-corrosion/galvy coating off the metal work that helped them live so long to begin with.

• Like 1

Tom Fenton

Why do all these ultra expensive 205s have the same cheap rear dampers?

But what else can you buy now for a standard car? OE Peugeot rear dampers are no longer available? My car had new genuine 306 GTI6 dampers at the time, but truthfully they are marginally too short for standard 205 gti ride height.

farmer

The early numbers (rear shocks) are avalaible just ask and look around

Telf

Well driving home today through needham market in Suffolk I nearly crashed my GTI- couldn't believe my eyes ... a CTI on a garage forecourt for £7999.....

Hold me back - Can I ask about Finance!!!!

What a joke

ATK

I heard a certain Red car was rejected by the highest bidder...

Tell us more?

jackherer

But what else can you buy now for a standard car? OE Peugeot rear dampers are no longer available? My car had new genuine 306 GTI6 dampers at the time, but truthfully they are marginally too short for standard 205 gti ride height.

There is nothing wrong with those dampers (with the exception of the early BNE1931 underspecced ones of course) until you try to sell your car for £32k and say:

Now it was time to take this 205 an even higher level. After much careful research a suitable restorer was found. In his late 60s and with an exceptional reputation for restoration and many Concours d’ Elegance class wins to his name.

and

Every part had to be as new and original both outside, inside and underneath.

I don't know where you would find new rear dampers and I don't know if you could get original dampers restored but that is what you have to do if you want to make these claims.

Even the correct spotlights are still present.

I can't see in the photos but you have to assume they are Denjis...

welshpug

those must have been quite old stock as they are the skinny type, barely suitable for a base model.

pics are too small to see much more detail, handbrake cable nicely hooked on the exchaust hanger though, wont last long, but i guess it wont be used anyway.

GLPoomobile

It's all going effing nuts now! I'm still a 205 GTI lover, but christ, there's a whole lot of metal I'd rather spend this sort of money on!

Yeah, yeah, I know, the people who pay these figures aren't drivers, they are collectors, and they'll be tucked up in a garage that's nicer than my home (the cars, not the buyers). I get that, I don't mind that. What saddens me is that for every genuine low mileage, low owner, totally OE specced pristine example that's being sold to a collector for mega money there's umpteen far inferior examples with absolutely no provenance that some fecking dealer is trying to pass off for mega bucks. For a long time I've been saying that 205 GTIs are worth more, and I stand by that, but this is making things stupid for the average buyer who just wants a 205 to hoon about. Great for the investors and the sellers, s*it for normal buyers, and too many tosser traders getting in on the game.

Edited by GLPoomobile
  • Like 1

Andy_C

^^what he said^^

• Like 1

jackherer

What a waste of time and money, either put it in a museum or drive it. And I'm pretty sure Peugeot already put one in their museum so that just leaves driving it but it's probably too late now, if you drove that it would need everything perishable replacing immediately. It has far too many doors too, why would anyone have saved a five door?

• Like 2

JamPug

Also how pissed would you be if your cherished, un driven car in storage had a massive dent in it and paint chips ????

Edited by JamPug

GLPoomobile

Seen that 309 on another thread a few weeks back. What I don't get - and this stands for ANY car - why would you stick something in your garage after barely putting on more than delivery mileage and just leave it there?

jackherer

Normally cars like that have been bought by an old person who subsequently gives up driving. They're not normally GTIs though.

AlexRS2782

I'm really starting the loathe the increase in the excessively gushing, essay like, write ups a lot of the traders are doing nowadays.

Most of them are getting totally cringe-worthy, especially the ones where they attempt to sell you the life story of the previous owner(s).

• Like 1

Juttie205

From what i heard the 309 was a write off hence why it was layed up.

toolie72

Utter bollox-if the roads in Japan are in good fettle, the area mountainous = you'd radge it round the hills surely, whole point in having the car in the first place-my cars dented, leaving a comedy James bond valve stem oil smoke trail behind it, drivers seats shot with my fat arse getting in/out, annoys my posh neighbours but gets revved everywhere

If I buy a keyring (rather than my favoured darth vader) will my car be perfection-it is original after all (however its gone past "patina" into a bit scabby)

nveeate

Why would it have an auto bonnet? They call it a "facelift bulged bonnet"...is that right? Also looks like the underside incouding components has been recently lathered in underseal!

tartanbloke

Sorry, but the following statement is complete and utter rubbish, which only cements the fact that they are talking crap to sell it on.

Most 205 1.9 GTi's supplied in Japan were LHD. This is because since WW2 (Until the late 70's Japan wasn't known for manufacturing high quality prestige or Sports cars) LHD cars in Japan have been considered status symbols. This also explains why virtually all the imported sports & prestige cars in Japan remain LHD today.

Tom Fenton

which only cements the fact that they are talking crap to sell it on.

I don't think that was ever in doubt!

Plus would it be a 127bhp or a 105bhp 1.9?

steve@cornwall

Slam panel appears body colour, colour code stencil is missing and a replacement bonnet.......just how hard was this frontal damage I wonder? Also same old line about one of 300 limited edition just because it's green! But doesn't have full leather and is obviously ph2.

nveeate

Sorry, but the following statement is complete and utter rubbish, which only cements the fact that they are talking crap to sell it on.

Most 205 1.9 GTi's supplied in Japan were LHD. This is because since WW2 (Until the late 70's Japan wasn't known for manufacturing high quality prestige or Sports cars) LHD cars in Japan have been considered status symbols. This also explains why virtually all the imported sports & prestige cars in Japan remain LHD today.

LHD cars are seen as status symbols in Japan. I think European cars generally might be too, though not sure a 205 was ever a sign of huge wealth :)

• Like 1