• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

steve@cornwall

How Long Have You Owned Your 205?

ScoobyJawa

About 14 years so far on this one :)

Woody205

I owned a fair few about 12 years ago all different engines 1.6/1.9 mi16 and I now own another 1.9 which I've had for 2 years although it hast seen the road for about 12 years so I'm currently restoring it and it won't be sold anytime soon :)

backroadpug

Had my gti since I was 18 I'm 34 next month.lol she's gone through all the stages with me and now back to standardish.. And had my rallye 8 years now. Also owned a good few others over the years.

lewis205cti

I've had my Cti for 12 years, been through a few 'styling changes' over the years..

Ramigojag

Had mine since April 2013. Currently looking at emigrating and really wanna take it with me but sellling it would help with a house deposit so in a little dilemma at the moment

Iansurf

Had phase 1 D reg many many years ago, had my current one 3 weeks & finding my list of jobs on it is growing by the day

DamirGTI

Bought mine back in 2001 , so , round 15 years and all that as an daily drive ... and still is .

Bougt two more few years ago but they're left hibernating !

Out of curiosity , how many of you still use them as an daily drive these days ?

D

dcc

Dont know how many ive had in total, but the Current car used to belong to hexamstu, he stripped it in a shed in swansea about 7 years ago. I bought it off him but was too embarrassed to tell my parents so I kept it there for ages, slowly rebuilding it! Eventually it was dragged home. I took it to mid wales when I moved, then got it on the road for 2 years. Its been parked up not turned a wheel for a year.

steve@cornwall

Out of curiosity , how many of you still use them as an daily drive these days ?

D

Not my main car these days, but still used every day. And will remain so.

toolie72

Only car, outside in all weathers, original paint bar drivers 1/4 panel that got a dunt in 1996 (3 weeks after I bought it for £3300!!)

Needs work every week it seems but I can live with fettling bits and bobs

Inverness, north of Scotland so not the warmest of places to run it

If not used every day then it's every second day

Do 30000 miles a year in my s*itty transit so the 205 is just the perfect antidote (plus I live in a poshish area so it annoys my suv/hybrid/evoque neighbours haha)