• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

DanielKamar

1.6 Gti, Volcane 1.9 Motronic 3.1 Loom And Megasquirt

DanielKamar

Hi there mates! I have those three sitting in the garage for quite some time and I dont really know where to go next.. I'd like to have a nice daily driver that i can take on track days without the Afm/sad problems.. Now, what would you do and how? Install the Motronic? The Megasquirt? An hybrid of both? Such a small car, so many questions..

TAG

I had the MP3.1 Motronic running on my 1.9 8V, it ran very well. I'd certainly recommend using it on a standard non-cat 1900.

opticaltrigger

Hi Daniel,

Megasquirt all day for me.

Which Megasquirt is it that you have?

It's not really such a big deal to install and set up. Well,should I say to get started that is, proper setup requires a dyno really.

However once done you will never look back.The functionality is immense as are the options that are available for future upgrades of both software and hardware.

If I already had one as you do it would be no contest.

MS 1 is getting a little dated now but still great and MS 2 extra and upwards is to my mind just awesome.

All the best

O.T.

Reebmit

Hey OT, good to hear, I was going to chat with you sometime as the 8valve 1.9 turbo I'm building needs managment and was alaways going with Emerald but recently been thinking Megasquirt....

opticaltrigger

Hi Tim,

Anytime for a chat about it.

If you want I can send you a copy of our Megasquirt map for our turbo 8v project. http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=111301&page=9

It runs Ford EDIS ignition but you might find it helps to look at the other setings when doing yours.

All the best

O.T.

• Like 1

DanielKamar

Hi There O.TY, I have the Ms1 and the MOtronic i have i believe came from a 122bhp car with cat. I'm not sure if it will work properly on the 1.6 non cat engine..

opticaltrigger

Nothing wrong with MS1,it's great for what your doing.

Like I said it's getting a little dated now but still has lots of functionality that's great for your project.The MS manuals can be a bit hard to get your head round but not really an issue and the latest version of Tuner Studio is just amazing to work with.

Go for it mate.You wont be sorry when it's done.

All the best

O.T.

pug_ham

the MOtronic i have i believe came from a 122bhp car with cat. I'm not sure if it will work properly on the 1.6 non cat engine..

Have you got M1.3 or MP3.1, what's the number on the ecu?

You'll have to fit a lambda sensor, if you don't already have one which I suspect you won't.

g

TAG

Have you got M1.3 or MP3.1, what's the number on the ecu?

You'll have to fit a lambda sensor, if you don't already have one which I suspect you won't.

g

MP3.1 Can run with a lambda or an idle mixture pot. Mine was running with the mixture pot, so depending on what setup Daniel has, he doesn't necessarily need a lambda.

welshpug

m1.3 was a lambda only system from a 205/405, used afm and fixed dizzy.

pug_ham

MP3.1 Can run with a lambda or an idle mixture pot. Mine was running with the mixture pot, so depending on what setup Daniel has, he doesn't necessarily need a lambda.

I know, I have MP3.1 on mine & modded the loom to run a lambda from the mixture pot because it made MOT's so much easier & the car drives better for it too.

g