• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Malc

New Year, New 205. Road Legal Track Car Full Rebuild

Malc

Bit of progress this week, ended up sourcing a good engine (with help from Dobboy) and decided that it would be simpler to replace rather than repair, saying that I did stip the old engine, head gasket has perfect, however piston rings were not, no other damage, so may end up rebuilding this with forged parts when I have more funds.

Got the new engine delivered this morning, so set about stripping of the manifolds and other associated parts not required, strapped on my gear box (after a clean up) dropped it in the 205.

image_zpsjv2wqpvi.jpeg

Realistically I could have this up and running again tomorrow, however going to have a re-think with the intercooler, may look to drop the rad and fit a smaller cooler above.

Edited by Malc

Malc

Well 2 weeks after the old engine died, she's finally up and running again. Ordered some decent oil should be here next week, then back to the track!

allye

What oil you going for?

You had to change charger oil yet? I need to get some!

Malc

Ally ended up buying total quartz racing 10w50, used royal purple in the past but £100+ oil changes ever few track days gets expensive. Luckily I had enough charger oil left, a litre bottle should give enough for two fills.