• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dawning

Windscreen Washers

dawning

My wiper washer jets at the front have stopped working :(

They worked for a minute when I swapped the pump over but tested both pumps and they are fine, and worked once or twice since. Also swapped the stalk on the steering column and the relay from another 205 and its still got the same problem. I think there must be a bad connection somewhere, has anyone had a similar experience?

Anthony

Bad/corroded connection on the pump is very common.

If the wipers move when you pull back on the stalk and you've tested the pump, then that's likely the issue

• Like 1

Tom Fenton

Cut the wiring back up into the loom until you get to good shiny copper wire. Then splice in new wiring back to the pump. Very common problem.

• Like 1

dawning

Thanks!

jackherer

Don't be surprised if you have to cut quite far back, sometimes it can be bad pretty much to the bulkhead.

• Like 1

pugdamo

Is the earth for this not on the earth block on the front panel by the headlights? Iv had a few problems with those blocks over the years.

• Like 1

dawning

Forgot to update this..

@pugdamo you where right, Cleaned up the bolts holding the earth block and they worked pefectly. Thank you.