• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
flyfisher

Mi 16 Power Upgrade

kyepan

bodies give you the chance to fit a brand new well built loom, new wasted spark ignition that can also be mapped. When well mapped drives like a modern car until you crack open the shouty pots. Then it'll feel and sound like something else entirely.

there are quite a few short term Financial pros to carbs, they are also a simpler set up and therefore less to go wrong.

I've had quite a bit of bother with my itbs more down to my lack of understanding and incorrect replacement of o rings. They should in theory be superior in almost every way, and when working they are really worth shouting about. I won't say their better than carbs because sadly I've not owned a car on carbs to give a direct comparison.

Having an ecu is a double edged sword, it gives you a window on what the engine and sensors are doing, it also gives the opportunity to fiddle. In all honesty nothing that's gone wrong with the setup I have has ever been detectable or solvable by the ecu and its software.

Im sounding a bit down on itbs, but I would still choose them again over carbs because I require the best of both worlds, good fuel efficiency and manners in shunt yard city driving.

If your considering them as a power upgrade remember that whilst you might not gain masses of headline figures, I gained between 20 and 30 ftlbs of torque across the majority of the Rev range when paired with a long primary exhaust manifold and decent length inlet manifold.

Creating that broad spectrum of gain is what itbs and careful pulse tuning will give you over carbs on short manifolds or even jenveys on their standard manifold.