• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Barryboy85

What Colour Trim

Barryboy85

Can anyone post me a good picture of what a phase 1 bumper or trim colour should look like....

I need to re dye or spray mine, but unsure to weather it should be a light grey/blue colour or just a dark grey?

Any pictures would be a great help.

farmer

I have seen a very dark grey and a very light, so no rule really.

dobboy

I had my Ph1.5 trim/bumpers/badges/tailgate panel etc painted when my car was painted a couple of years ago. It was plastic primed, a haze of texturiser applied, and i think it was either RAL7022 (likely) or RAL 7021 put on it (can't remember for sure but i have the code somewhere). The RAL paint had a matting agent put in it too just before painting.

(I'm fairly certain it's near identical to how the colour was on my first GTI which was only a couple of years old when i got it, and living in Scotland hadn't suffered any fading.) It's also very close to my internal back window trim colour.

This pic sort of shows the colour and how the texturiser stuff worked......but the sheen/flash is false in the pic.

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/uploads/monthly_06_2014/post-23841-0-84111800-1404134155.jpg

Prior to selecting the colour i had tried the paint peugeot do for the quarter badges, but i found it too light.

If you were gonna try do the above yourself i'd really look into it as some of the products have to be applied within a couple of hrs of being mixed or they go off. (if you get a paintshop to do it it will be near £600 to do it)

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=157994&page=6

If you need further info let me know.

Barryboy85

That's the problem I have... I don't know which path to go down... Light or dark.... I've seen pictures of all sorts... I just want it to look right and not a mess!!

Barryboy85

Dobboy... At the min I would say mine look very dark ... But from your picture yours looks more lighter with a hint of blue...I have dyed a spare bumper and to me it looks to light compared to the darker trim... But I'm not sure if the trim has been dyed in the past already!

I would post a picture .. But it won't let me on the mobile app for some reason.

• Like 1

dobboy

i had the same predicaments and trialed a few colours.

I seen a ph1.5 that had been doen with plasticare and although it looked good i didn't look right.

Only thing i can suggest is get a Ral 7022 sample and see what you think.

It's also difficult to judge colours on screen etc.

If you look at the oldbrochures you wont see a light grey.

Mines doesn't look light in the flesh, it's dark, with a hint of underlying blue as you say.

Take the plastic off your petrol cap and look at the back of it, then possibly go a shade darker to compensate of ageing?

Barryboy85

Ok will have a look... Thanks for your advice...would make life so much Easier if it was a phase 2 ..lol