• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

pedjoni

Peugeot 205 1.6 Cti 1986

pedjoni

Hi everyone,
Can you tell me, this pipe that goes from oil cap to throttle body, what is for ? When I disconected it from oil cap, and try to blow, air won t come across... I checked pipe, it s ok ... It seems it is clogged on throtle body... Can it affect poor idle?
Thanks...‹

post-26247-0-97168100-1447543139_thumb.jpg

idoari

This pipe is for the oil breather, it allows the crackcase to recirclate oil vaupors from the oil pan to the intake manifold - just like a modern pcv valve.

This pipe needs to be clear, i think it's could efect performance and fuel economy.

PhilNW

the blocked hole in the throttle body needs to been cleaned out, I had to drill it out with a very very fine drill

It provides a vacuum which takes all the vapours from the crankcase, in my case the blockage caused the crankcase to pressurize and cause oil leaks

Because of the small amount of air it takes it can affect idle speed and running

Edited by PhilNW

Miles

If used in competition blank it all off as it just sucks any oil vapour back into the engine

pedjoni

I ve done it.. Get air through. Cleaned out everything . Now it s ok... One question. Is the same engine 205 1.6 gti and 309 1.6 gti ? They looks same... ???

hoodygoodwood

In the UK the 309 GTI had the 1905cc engine , the 1.6 litre injected engine was used but they were badged SRi and GRi .

pedjoni

In the UK the 309 GTI had the 1905cc engine , the 1.6 litre injected engine was used but they were badged SRi and GRi .

Does the 309 Sri and Gri engine looks same like and 205 1.6 gti ?

Anthony

Yes, it's the same XU5JA engine used on 205 1.6 GTi and 309 1.6 SRi/GRi models (here in the UK anyway, not sure about other markets)