• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
daveb-uk

Ripped Off

chipstick

As an outsider I'm sensing an attitude also, Sorry.

Points I'm noting:

• Alan offers a free part - lovely gesture.
  • An incorrect part may or may not have been supplied. A genuine mistake by the sounds of it, certainly without intent.
  • Alan was notified of the error and rather than doing what I imagine many would do (inc me, I'll help where I can but..) - "you've had one, can't keep giving everything away", he's offered a second free item, of which you've requested next day delivery so it sounds like Alan made the effort to dispatch on the same day and was kind and trusting enough to send an item without the payment up front (very good of Alan - I would have insisted you made the effort to pay upfront).

This is where the transaction was presumed by both parties to have ended with a warm community feeling. Alan would have gone out of his way to give 2 free items away, with no profit other than postage being covered.

Genuine mistakes happen. To withhold postage payment because of a postage hiccup comes across as a stab in the eye/ as a thanks for him making the effort to try and help a member out. I'm sure 99% of club members in this situation would have thought "never mind, he did give me 2 free items so I can't complain - worst things have happened at sea."

• Like 2

allanallen

Come on, we've been over this! We all know the first was wrong?!

A picture of the package would be nice too.

Thought we were doing this by pm anyway??

Edited by allanallen

kyepan

To the OP,

Two things, firstly getting good at doing your own car is a must when owning a 205, plenty of people on here will be able to offer you advice, that way you won't have to rely upon your mechanic. I knew nothing about anything when i came on here about 9 years ago, now i've built an engine (with help) done camshafts, cam belts, brakes.. etc etc..

Secondly, don't sweat this period, get the car sorted out and enjoy it!

Cheers

Justin.

Simes

scbond continue this by pm.

I have pm'd you too.

scbond

As an outsider I'm sensing an attitude also, Sorry.

Points I'm noting:

• Alan offers a free part - lovely gesture.
  • An incorrect part may or may not have been supplied. A genuine mistake by the sounds of it, certainly without intent.
  • Alan was notified of the error and rather than doing what I imagine many would do (inc me, I'll help where I can but..) - "you've had one, can't keep giving everything away", he's offered a second free item, of which you've requested next day delivery so it sounds like Alan made the effort to dispatch on the same day and was kind and trusting enough to send an item without the payment up front (very good of Alan - I would have insisted you made the effort to pay upfront).

This is where the transaction was presumed by both parties to have ended with a warm community feeling. Alan would have gone out of his way to give 2 free items away, with no profit other than postage being covered.

Genuine mistakes happen. To withhold postage payment because of a postage hiccup comes across as a stab in the eye/ as a thanks for him making the effort to try and help a member out. I'm sure 99% of club members in this situation would have thought "never mind, he did give me 2 free items so I can't complain - worst things have happened at sea."

Yet again, not sure where the poor attitude is in that?! I will, and have always, accepted that it was a mistake...both could have been easily avoided but they happened nonetheless. The reason postage wasn't paid was a combination of being let down twice, being out-of-pocket twice and, most of all, the quite frankly rude PMs I got shortly after which certainly showed a poor attitude (which I have not and will not spread out in public).

Perhaps some of you may disagree with the way I have dealt with this but I chose to deal with it by the best way I thought possible in order to avoid argument or any sort of poor attitude...brush it off and not retaliate. That is not having a poor attitude and, if anything, it's quite reasonable and decent. At the end of the day, this is a disagreement between two people, one who felt it necessary to air out some dirty laundry. If anyone has any issues with me as a buyer on here then please reach out to those who I have dealt with previously on here...I'm sure they will vouch for me.

Kane

I haven't been paying too much attention here but how can you be 'out of pocket' when you've received 2 free items and not paid for delivery?

Alastairh

This stinks.

allanallen

This indeed stinks....

Here's my snotty unreplyable messages

photo_zpsf2fdygdy.png

photo_zpsutzkmcpk.png

scbond

Maybe show them all?!

Or better still, at the request of the forum management, this stops here. I've done nothing wrong. I have not displayed a poor attitude at all and my reaction has been based on Allan's. End of. Don't like it? Live with it.

Simes, please close this off.

Edited by scbond

allanallen

The rest of the conversation is a pleasant arrangement of axle collection etc, I can post it if you like?

You've got an axle that I gave you fitted to your car so just give me the postage and stop making a fool of yourself.

• Like 1

cybernck

Indeed, this stops here, as far as public conversation goes.

As for the issue itself, now that it has been brought to our (i.e. forum management's) attention, we need to do our part and mediate based on the facts presented in the topic.

scbond, you have made it very clear that you do not intend to pay allanallen for any parts or other costs, which is completely unacceptable, to say the least. I know you feel that you are the victim here but, at the moment, we have to treat *you* as a bad trader.

Please immediately either return all the parts in unused condition *or* pay for what you are going to keep using and return the rest. Since Allan paid for the postage to you, you should pay for postage to him (but that's a detail that the two of you should discuss and agree between yourself).

I will contact you both in a couple of days time to see if the issue has been resolved in timely and satisfactory manner.

Failing to comply to this warning will face our action according to the forum rules.

Thanks, Nikica.

• Like 3