• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MrMemzi

1.6 Gti Not Been Used For A While. Help Needed

MrMemzi

Hi guys, been off of the scene for a long long time. I've left my 205 1.6 gti to go green (instead of alpine white) cut a long story short I just took the engine out changed the clutch for a helix paddle clutch. Replaced anything broken or rusty. Got it back on the road. My knee then practically exploded thus me being not able to drive it.

Anyway I'm currently sorting it all out again. But I've had a few issues. After taking the engine out and putting it back in my fan will no longer kick in. And my fuel pump wouldn't either. I've currently just bypassed the fuel pump to move it around but I cannot find the problem. The fuses in the black box near the slam panel are all fine as are all the wires from what I can see. Can anyone shed some light on this? Or can someone come look at it for me in Essex? I'll pay for your time. Also top mounts are gone is it worth replacing with the poly ones or original? It's to be used on a track.

Many thanks

205tunerke

i would start by checking the fan itself.

first test that you can turn it by hand(ok), that it is not blocked(needs replacing)

second put 12v directly to the fan, if it works check the wiring, if not replace fan

make shure the resistor is connected(needed to run fan on moderate speed).

it is a small tin cilinder near the slam panel(radiator) or near the firewall(left side).

is the earth okay?(measure resistance from connector to the -pole of battery, should be verry low, less than 1Ohm)

if ok proceed to the 12V/ N-OK make a new earthwire

does it get 12V? run engine warm keep an eye on the warning light...

as it reaches 85 _90°C it should get 12V to the connector...

if warning lights goes on, put on heater and interior fan at full power with windows open.

temperature should go down verry quick if not turn of engine...