• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
scbond

Gearbox Blown?

scbond

Why wouldn't I be serious? I was asking for opinions because, oddly, I haven't come across this issue before.

I also have no idea how it's going to be removed other than to drill into it and then tap a hex bit in in order to wind it out.

Edited by scbond

Slo

When I did my turbo conversion swapping the flywheel turned into a whole episode as it came with no dowels or bolts.

It wasn't until fitting the clutch to it I discovered that the bastard bolts were different to the 13mm (M8) hex head bolts in the normal flywheel and the torx bolts used when it was in the car it came from.

Had to buy 2 bags of 5 M7's to get 6 and snapped 2 of them while tightening them up.

Anyway I imagined replacing the flywheel would be far easier than trying to remove the broken studs but as it turned out when I took the thing off again I discovered that the holes were drilled straight through and not only that but the broken studs were loose too and was able to just wind em out with a little manipulation.

Maybe you will have the same luck

scbond

Fingers crossed. Would rather not remove the flywheel as I imagine it'll be a bitch to do with what I have. There might be enough left sticking out to have a bolt welded to it hopefully.

scbond

Hopefully the last thing as it's all in and ready (ish) to be started. Should the gearbox end cover be sealed on or have a gasket or does it hold in the oil without leaking of its own accord?