• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

barneys66

What Other 'interesting' Vehicles Do You Own..?

jasetheace

some real nice cars here.

Here is my other cars.

Evo X only comes out in the dry

20150204_165729_zpsm1as6m2v.jpg

Legnum vr4 is my daily

20150723_205159_zpsv7kb4pu4.jpg

welshpug

only using an evo in the dry?! :blink:

at their best when its wet!

jasetheace

only using an evo in the dry?! :blink:

at their best when its wet!

Hate getting in dirty :D

Edited by jasetheace

allanallen

Other than my Peugeots the only worthwhile cars worth sharing are my Proton Satria Rally car

photo_zpsqhzhzgu8.jpg

And my e30 touring, although currently in bits having a 6 cylinder diesel fitted

photo_zpsthxoegya.jpg

photo_zpsvebczoqy.jpg

Jon_Bmw

I like the E30. I had a 325i and a 318is, both 2 doors in diamond black, when I was a bit younger. Loved them. What engine is going in?

There is a few in the background of the 1st photo, presumably not all yours?

allanallen

Cheers! I had a very solid dolphin grey 2 door a while ago that I was going to convert but the car was too impractical for the kids and dogs! The touring seemed a logical solution and I really like the look of them. This one isn't brilliant body wise but it was very cheap!

The engine is an M51 2.5 tds from an e34, fairly simple swap and becoming more popular, they 'chip' to 170+Bhp so should be fun too! :)

Pics are from when I bought the car, the guy and his son had a few e30s! From memory a 318is, 2.5 baur a weird spec'd import baur.

Jon_Bmw

The engine will be fun it that, certainly compared to the m40 donk. Some people are putting M57 330D engines in these. :o

I would like another, but for one that actually has inner rear arches, jacking points, front bulkhead still present they are serious money. I paid £350 for the 325 and £650 for the 318is and they were in good shape bodywise back then. Now the same level of car is £3500+

The Baur is a hateful thing isn't it!

welshpug

I'd like to see the M57 in an E30! if I could be arsed I would look at putting one in my E34.

allanallen

Yeah there's a few m57 engined e30s now, mega things I imagine! The complexity of the wiring is way beyond me though! The M51 conversion is a similar swap to putting a gti6 in a 205, pretty easy.

Prices have gone mad Jon, even over the last 12 months they seem to have increased massively. I paid £400 for mine with a failed head gasket, in today's market that's pretty cheap as it'd have broke for twice that easily!

Agree, the baur is awful!

Contigo

I recognise Macaroni from the SportsMaserati forum so hi mate! :D

Here's some of my other cars

12003314_10154143274525016_6765098511555​

12045373_10154160550540016_7441629041427​

1455001_10154351761315016_26385545230501​

12241232_10154309868300016_7429651161283​

• Like 1

Anthony

Two Maserati's... that's just greedy!

The Eunos looks very tidy... is that original paint?

lagonda

Here is my Riley, a 1951 RMB (2 1/2 litre). This was my first car; bought it in 1974 for £165, and that included around £100 worth of spare parts. I drove it for 8 months and 1200 miles in 1975, then took the roof covering off to replace it with the correct pattern material.

Unfortunately the more I took apart the bigger the job got, and that 3 weeks off the road job lasted 40 years. Ended up getting the body professionally restored. Apart from a complete brake overhaul, I decided not to have the mechanics done, as it had been running fine in 1975.

My reward for the 40 year wait and humungous outlay? I cover 2400 miles with it last year...and a big end failed. So, it's in the doghouse here, too pissed off to do anything with it. At least the battery will be useful for getting my LG6 back on the road (after a mere 15 years), and the petrol (of course, I filled the tank about 15 miles before the knocking really started) is helping keep the ride-on mower happy.

post-4137-0-06023300-1458249320_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

acox99

I have always fancied an e34 5 series either a petrol or diesel but days of cheap e34's is long gone. There a bit thin on the ground and rot free examples are rapidly disappearing. Shame as they are a very good car.

barneys66

Here is my Riley, a 1951 RMB (2 1/2 litre). This was my first car; bought it in 1974 for £165, and that included around £100 worth of spare parts. I drove it for 8 months and 1200 miles in 1975, then took the roof covering off to replace it with the correct pattern material.

Unfortunately the more I took apart the bigger the job got, and that 3 weeks off the road job lasted 40 years. Ended up getting the body professionally restored. Apart from a complete brake overhaul, I decided not to have the mechanics done, as it had been running fine in 1975.

My reward for the 40 year wait and humungous outlay? I cover 2400 miles with it last year...and a big end failed. So, it's in the doghouse here, too pissed off to do anything with it. At least the battery will be useful for getting my LG6 back on the road (after a mere 15 years), and the petrol (of course, I filled the tank about 15 miles before the knocking really started) is helping keep the ride-on mower happy.

Well it certainly looks stunning Laurence - good work over those 40 years!

Bad luck on the big end - time to give it to a pro..? I often wonder if maybe, just maybe I should relinquish a couple of jobs on my Mustang, as it's been off the road for 8 years now, but I'm just too thrifty to pay someone else to do the work that I could do. Eventually..

lagonda

Hi Barney

That's the trouble, life gets in the way and one year follows another. I enjoy mechanics, but I'm disinterested and useless at bodywork (although I've been pretty successful with paint spraying!). I did bits on it occasionally over the years, but eventually realised I'd never finish it. Fortunately I was earning good money at that time, so decided to have the body professionally restored. I went ahead in full knowledge it would cost far more than the car would be worth, but I squared it with myself by just thinking how long it would take me to earn that money, and how long it would otherwise take me to finish the car myself.

Despite what it cost, I can't say I'm happy with all aspects of the work done, but overall I'm very pleased with the appearance of the car. It was black originally, as most were, but maroon when I bought it. I've always wanted the car with this paint scheme, and my nod to originality is that both are original factory colours. Pretty chuffed with how it has turned out, especially with the matching maroon roof covering. Usually that would have been black whatever colour the car was finished in, but you could specify a different colour!

Rob_the_Sparky

No photos I'm afraid but:

1971 Triumph Herald Estate - in storage in a barn for 20+ years. Getting about time to dig it out!

TVR Griffith 500 - and I thought I would be the only TVR owner here, seems to be a few of us...

E61 520d child transport and general commuting

Honda pseudo 4x4/people carrier - Wife's car that I care about so little I can't even remember its name!

oh and the 205 GTi...

I guess the first two class as "interesting" but not as interesting as many in this thread I'm afraid.

Goliath

I recently added this to my fleet:

IMG-20160321-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20160321-WA0005.jpg

20160401_100446.jpg

• Like 4

steve@cornwall

Always liked those little cabriolet, but even 30 years ago couldn't find one with a floor!! Interesting how many "survivor" cars are Cornish registered too.

• Like 1

Mikeymck

Hi, my very sorry looking gti shares with a chevette, mk2 Astra gte, corsa b and my main pride and joy - 504bhp Astra vxr. :)

Work on the 205 hasn't really started as needing a new boot floor as in the process of fully restoring a mk2 nova with an Astra vxr engine in it :)

Will get some pics up soon as I work it all out haha

Andy_C

Love that 304!!

• Like 1

stain

Just bought a new GT3RS. It is quite good :)

• Like 1

welshpug

a 991,2 4.0 ?

stain

991.1 yes a 4.0. The .2 isn't out yet.

DBG

Just bought a new GT3RS. It is quite good :)

Think we need pics

stain

Here ya go

post-24106-0-76962700-1466248017_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1