• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
analog_addict

What Replacement Gear Knobs Are You Using?

analog_addict

Just had my original gear knob crumble into pieces while shifting. I'm not bothered about replacing it with another original/repro but I'd like something in a similar style i.e. not 'leather'.

The ones on Ebay all appear to be cheap rubbish. Anyone tried one?

Any recommendations on a replacement?

unariciflocos

Got the cheapest 307 one on ebay. isn't much of a looker but serves the practical purpose for a 5er.

aldworth33

Got an original looking one off farmer for not too much money, he was doubtful it would last too long as I think it is a copy but it's lasted thru last summer and winter of abuse fine and still feels solid and has no signs it's about to break up

analog_addict

Got the cheapest 307 one on ebay. isn't much of a looker but serves the practical purpose for a 5er.

This one?

aa584_4.jpg​

Edited by analog_addict

ALEX

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/310873532544?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=108&chn=ps&device=c&rlsatarget=&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0-L&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108&ff19=0

I bought mine from Halfords (£30)

The chrome stands out a bit in an all black / grey dash. But the insert as every possible combo covering all gear change layouts.

Its more comfortable than the original I'm now using.... In fact thinking of putting it back on and sod originality.

ooooh edit. just seen the black one they do.. go for that one!!!

Edited by ALEX

Simes

I bought one nos from a French website. 34euros, came with a white top which I swapped for a red.

unariciflocos

This one?

That's the one