• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
amusingadam

Won't Start

amusingadam

The short story.. Went for reverse car cut out turned the key nothing did a load of tests starter dead but car wouldn't bump which was odd, changed the starter car turns over but no spark changed from my spare parts (all new) ignition module, and coil still no spark, checked earths no problems there I have all lights fuel pump etc just no spark where to go from here I'm assuming the starter has tripped something I'm just not sure what. Thanks

Tom Fenton

You need to look at the dizzy. That is where the signal for the coil to spark comes from. If there is no signal from the dizzy, then the coil and amp will just sit there doing nowt.

j_turnell

As above, the 3 pin connector and the flylead itself off the dizzy often causes problems. Make sure you have power there first.

amusingadam

Im no wizz with a multi meter but I have power and earths where they need to be I've now changed the distributor as well and still nothing.

amusingadam

I prob should add that the header bottle is now generating a stupid amount of pressure by just being cranked over (through 4L clean out) and I can smell combustion through the header bottle (which is never good). I'm guessing in really unlucky having 3 different things go at the same time

Edited by amusingadam

SkyQuake

This sounds pretty ugly. I should pop the spark plugs and make sure you don't have a cylinder full of H2O before you do too much more...

erbs

sounds like head gasket is up the pooper!!

amusingadam

Yeah would of thought so still doesn't explain no spark that's what I'm struggling with the head gaskets easy