• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
SweetBadger

Damper Settings - Recommendations For A Circuit Car

allanallen

I'm a fan of the 266s too, decent pads aren't silly money and they fit under standard 14s too :)

Tom Fenton

I'm a fan of the 266s too, decent pads aren't silly money and they fit under standard 14s too :)

The S16 ones don't, or didn't when I tried anyway.

welshpug

they do with worn pads, and certain wheel castings.

allanallen

I'm on about the larger offset 266 combo off a 206 gti, it was a reply to peter's comment as I believe some of the 306 calipers are the same.

Mine fit under my 1600 wheels with brand new pads no problem. I'll check what castings they are, I've a feeling they're a mixture of some I swapped with you tom ;)

petert

When I looked at a 206 Bosch caliper, the pad didn't look anywhere as big as the Lucas caliper in my photo. A Speedline 14" fits but not 14" SMR, from memory.

Tom Fenton

I'm on about the larger offset 266 combo off a 206 gti, it was a reply to peter's comment as I believe some of the 306 calipers are the same.

Mine fit under my 1600 wheels with brand new pads no problem. I'll check what castings they are, I've a feeling they're a mixture of some I swapped with you tom ;)

I wasn't arguing with you mate, I believe your word over anyone on here, however I was just posting for general knowledge for anyone else interested, the S16 caliper with new pads fouled on my 1600 wheels. Plus with a pedal box/no servo they were dreadful, the pads are tiny, ask M@tt he had a go in it when it was newly turbo'd, went like hell but didn't stop!

Interesting that the 206 stuff is a deeper offset, I didn't know that, but it explains a lot, as the 306 discs were virtually flat, much like the 283mm 306 GTI6 ones.

allanallen

Mine are the Bosch with the wider disc, I've just checked and they're different to the Bosch the 306 had by the looks. All the pads look similar area though, Lucas are deeper pads but the Bosch are longer in both variants.

Tom Fenton

I've just looked at an online brake catalogue as I was sure the Lucas S16 pad was small, confusingly there are 2 variants of Lucas pad for a 266mm disc, the ones I remember are 95x49mm nominal, the Bosch and larger Lucas are both around 130x55mm.

205 1.9 GTI are 100x64mm. Its no suprise the S16 266mm brakes are pants!

allanallen

To save any confusion I'd go with AP 5100/5200s ;)

• Like 1