• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
nomis

How To Fix Rear Boot Panel On

Hheppy

Farmer, I've taken my panel off to see if I can cure the horrendous rattle I get from it at 2000 revs, I have the 4 clips but not the other 2 parts, what are they for?

I expect there is a bit missing off the panel as there is a hole on the boot lid and what looks like something has snapped off the back of the panel just above and slightly to the left of the lock.

and suggestions gratefully received and sorry to invade your thread Nomis.

cheers, Andrew

farmer

On the back of the board when new, a lug should should be present, goes through the tailgate and located on inside with a tooth clip

Hheppy

thanks, that is what I have missing, so probably the reason for the major rattles, might have to invest in one which is intact.

Hheppy

Farmer, on second thought I might be able to make something that will do the job, how long is the rubber cylinder, could you possibly measure it please?

farmer

All that cylinder stump thing is a foam pad.

Hheppy

cheers farmer, I think I have quite a few bits of dense foam knocking around the garage, will cobble something together, I guess it stops the panel rattling as much (at least I'm hoping so!)

farmer

Inside the tailgate a clip is pushed over the lug and that keeps it tight