• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
m@ttc

Gear Knob Id

m@ttc

hi have just got this knob in the post, its dated 06/02/2015 and the part number is not on service box.

question is, are they making new gear knobs or is it dogey? just some info please.

IMG_22521_zpsu16zq0s7.jpg

Pugleyrich

Where'd you get it?

Kane

Part number is on servicebox with description as gear knob, as expected, although it isn't listed under a 205 part. Not completely clued up on how to navigate through servicebox so although I have found the part I can't see what vehicle its listed under.

Did you pick this up at a dealer or somewhere else?

EDIT: I'm not sure whether it is not stated for a 205 now, only pops up in the basket when searched.

Edited by Kane

welshpug

got a better picture of the shape of it?

it is recognised by both serviceboxes (i.e peugeot and citroen) but only on the paid services side so you'll need to as someone that works on parts at a dealer.

Edited by welshpug

Slo

its not on the old parts cds either

m@ttc

I got it off flee bay, noting wrong with the shape of it, it a 205 knob alright. There's a slight tear in the bag which would be just big enough to push the top through and clip it onto the top of the knob. All other parts i have brought off service box have the dates on of when i have brought them, but all these parts are available and not nfp. I always thought the tops and the knobs were sold separatley?

IMG_22531_zpsa493kcb5.jpg

Edited by m@ttc

Kane

Not sure about the top being supplied with the knob but could this be an alternative part still supplied by peugeot not listed under 205? Might be worth a trip to a dealer this weekend to see what they come up with..

m@ttc

iv'e got to order some more parts off the dealers so i'll ask them, and see what they say.

Kane

Good stuff, I'll likely pop into my local place this weekend so will see what they're saying also. Keep us updated with what you find.

Rjuhar

Great find - all you need now is my gear knob top:

15xkda8.jpg

farmer

Material

2403 67

GEAR KNOB

Sold-to Party

013680M

STALHAM ENGINEERING

VOR ship to address

013680M02

STALHAM ENG'G CO LTD

Item category group

ZNST

NON STOCKED

Slot

INTERIOR TRIM

Sales unit

Basket

Competitive part ++

Code type

203-403-404-504-604-

Rebate Code

Family marketing cde

INTERIOR DESIGN

Organic group

Brake - Controls Break & C

VOR delivery plant

RGBT

Tile Hill

Retail price

GBP

Consignment

VAT Code

S

Full tax

Supply

Discount code

H

Net Weight

G

MRP Controller

PM0

CTU

CTU

Part cannot be returned

VOR price

GBP

Status

SNS: No return, Supplier Delv Est: 13.04.2015

Look under number 70 chaps, car fitment

Kane

Thought it sounded too good to be true. I'm guessing if it is similar in shape then the interface with the gear stick will be different.

Matt does it look like it can be adapted to suit? Could still be a good alternative to the horrendously overpriced originals that come up now and again.

m@ttc

I'm not sure I follow farmers post, I'm thinking it's not a 205 part? And they are available from the main dealer for £11:72? I paid a lot more than that for it and it was listed as a 205 knob.

I had a quick look at the fitment to the gear leaver and I didn't see anything noticeable different. I can double check it against my old original tonight to confirm this.

Kane

I'm guessing under 70 is the vehicles that the knob you have fits I.e. the following models:

Peugeot 203, 403, 404, 504, 604

Is that correct?

Servicebox was showing it at approximately 20 quid when I was looking the other night. That would be good if you could let us know. Could you post up some more photos of it compared to your original too please

m@ttc

Just been onto my parts dealer, I told him the part number he sounded pretty shocked and asked me how old the car was.

All he could tell me was the pt number is listed as gear knob?

farmer

Fitment = Peugeot 203, 403, 404, 504, 604

S@m

I can confirm that that part is not available from Citroen and was never fitted to any Citroen model.

Cue the rush of everyone ordering the remaining stock from Peugeot asap.

farmer

Back ordered till April, be unlikely you will see any.

SNS: No return, Supplier Delv Est: 13.04.2015

S@m

Thats not backorder, thats Sold No Stock.

Kane

So is that in other words NFP Sam?

farmer

It's what I class as a back order, but am a famer not a professional at Peugeot/Citroën

jackherer

Fitment = Peugeot 203, 403, 404, 504, 604

Maybe the 504 and 604 used it but there is no way the 203 and 403 used a gearknob anything like a 205s.

farmer

Who knows, only following what Polaris said.

Ryan

The 203 and 403 had column-mounted gearsticks, so I doubt they had anything as big as that.

Probably an error in the listing - not like it would be the only one.

Edited by Ryan

S@m

It means that when you order from Peugeot they then place an order with their supplier, so delivery dates are unsure. Plenty of up to date parts for current models are also SNS (such as sat nav units, some ecus, keys etc.) so i wouldn't say it means that its NFP especially if the one in the photos had a very recent manufacturing date.

I think the reason that it doesnt appear listed for any specific model is that its an accessory rather than a standard part, which would also explain why its listed for so many models on polaris.