• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Carlos16v

205 Gentry Gti

Carlos16v

I've owned this car since the end of last summer, so I thought I'd finally put something up about it.

The original car is a Sorrento green Gentry, but it's been slightly modified over the years. The engine has been rebuilt to (near) GTi spec, it's been converted to manual, all the suspension has been uprated and there's GTi6 brakes at the front. I've had quite a few Peugeot / Citroens over the years, but never a 205 GTi and when this came up for sale I couldn't resist. So some photos from when I agreed to buy (I'm sure many will recognise the backdrop!):

20140915_173822_zpshokk0y3l.jpg

20140915_173838_zps2wb542is.jpg

20140921_155146_zpsscqb00c3.jpg

Due to being in the middle of selling/buying a house the car basically just sat in the garage until the new year. The only thing I managed to do was to source a set of black leather seats, so the drivers seat was swapped out for one of the correct colour.

In January I finally blew the cobwebs off and went for a proper drive. Just me and the car. And what a great car it is to drive! I'm assuming the gearbox is from a 1.6 as the gearing is pretty short, but this makes it incredibly nippy. Torque is instant and you fly through the gears incredibly quickly. And it's so nimble! I owned quite a few 205s and 309s in the past, but after a while waftng round in modern, heavy cars (even though some were farily quick) the 205 just feels so light and agile - a proper revelation. But I'm sure you all know that anyway! So a couple of pics from that day:

20150110_111308_zpsvforssdr.jpg

20150110_113040_zpsxkecbfry.jpg

20150110_114517_zpsl6xg3yk4.jpg

All good fun. unfortunately after putting the car away in the garage I noticed this on the driveway:

20150110_163937_zpsbglzw7x3.jpg

Doh! So back in the garage for a month or 2. This week I've finally got round to having a nose round. Oil was everywhere on the offside underside:

20150226_202015_zps3xuxc9mk.jpg

So I gave it a good clean up but couldn't see an obvious place it was leaking from. There was some evidence of the cam cover gasket leaking, so I've swapped that over and we'll see what happens. If the oil carries on coming out my next port of call will be the cam seal.

Unfortunately the MOT has now lapsed, so getting that sorted is top of my to do list. Hopefully that shouldn't be too much of an issue. After that I've got a few changes to make inside to (hopefully) improve the aesthetics, but the general plan in the short term is just to enjoy it. In the long term I'd love to try and extract a bit more power.

I'll try and keep things updated as I progress. Hope you approve!!