• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
flyfisher

205 Gti Metal Fuel Pipes

flyfisher

Can anyone tell me is it poss to purchase a set of the metal fuel pipes that run under car front to back have done a Google search but could find nothing. Any one come across any of these. Thanks peter

Tom Fenton

But be aware it comes as a big U shaped length that is enough to do the car BUT is not preformed so you need to cut and bend to shape.

Miles

£25.00 ish, Dealer is the best bet due to size

mrfirepro

The dealer stuff is plastic coated and you'll have to strip the coating to get the olive to fit.

P1030616_666x500.jpg

P1030617_666x500.jpg

pug_ham

Current price on service box for the pipes pictured above £22.54.

g

stufarri

I used this to re-do my Goodwood pipes and using the old pipes as a guide to bend the pipes over. It took only 30 mins or so to replicate the shapes without tools.

The challennge I have now is can I remove the old olive I have and re-fit to the new pipe? If so, how? Sorry for the thread hijack!

pug_ham

Stu, you'll need a new olive as the crush down when you tighten the union onto the flexi pipe so trying to re-use the old one could be a false economy imo.

They are still available from pug but just looked on service box & they are a stupendous price!! :o

156323 ring £40.26

156236 union £1.08

Of course there will be the usual minimum order too so you would be better trying to find one from someone who has bought a bag recently & getting one from them.

You could try to crush the pipe either side of the ring on your old pipes to see if it'll come free but Ithink it'll leak, if it will go onto the new pipes at all.

g

dcc

When I bought my aeroquip fuel lines one of the unions came with an 8mm olive ring. I think Alex (aka powers on here) informed me that it was a 1 use only item, but they are not expensive for him to supply additional items. not sure if the size of the olive (physically) would be an issue but it should be worth a phone call to find out!

• Like 1

pug_ham

The Union is NLA to

At least the union can be reused, I just posted the price for a comparison to highlight the rediculous price for the ring, service box doesn't show it as nfp either.

I know I didn't pay anywhere near that much last time I got some.

g

farmer

Yeah they shot the price up quite recently

I bought some from dealers at the old price in a hurry afterwards

Kane

Standard plumbing olive does the job just fine.

stufarri

Thanks gents, I think I may have located an olive via my bearded Warrington legend.

I'll get the original off over the weekend and get it plated, the other fuel bangos etc are due back from plating tomorrow with 14kg of other stuff.

farmer

If have an OE one here Stu if that fails let me know

gaz832

Can these still be bought from pug !

Miles

Yes they can, you can see the number in the pic

stumpyjag

Just for info Stu Baker has had all fuel pipes CNC bent to exact original spec. Good price and Very good quality as well!!