• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
BDA-it

Pts Driveshafts

BDA-it

Was there such a thing as 1.9 GTI driveshafts? Ive broke the O/S shaft on the South Downs Stages and spoke with one of the orignal mechanics for the car and he said he remembers ordering them from Peugeot Sport.

Does anyone have any info on these?

Were they like the 106 cup cars which were a mix or parts, like an outter CV from a Citeron Van or something like that.

Many thanks, will be taking the old one off later to see if there are any numbers on the parts.

welshpug

where did they break?

welshpug

the bar or the CV itself?

BDA-it

Dont know havnt got it apart yet. DO you know what parts make up a PTS drive shaft? Am i right in thinking they are like the 106 Cup car, Van CV, diesel shaft or something like that? Or were the specific PTS parts ?

welshpug

Typically they'll look the same as any other shaft, just made from tougher materials supposedly.

On the 106 the standard shafts werent the 6 ball removable type originally, the fixed 3 ball tripod, but the cup car ones used the 6 ball CV, same fitment as the 1.9 205 and probably many many vans, that may be where the "they use a van cv" came from.

BDA-it

I've got a broken bottom mount, the fork has broke so caused the CV to break up!

Taken the shaft out and the CV has failed, can only find the CVs that spoox do they list them as a heavy duty 6 bearing one.

welshpug

try dave mac propshafts.

standard genuine stuff does the job for most.

BDA-it

They don't have anything on the shelf and are talking about making custom shafts.

Would really prefer to keep these and just replace the broken CV and get a spare!

It's a 23 spine and measures 25 mm at the widest points.

Any ideas?

Tom Fenton

Sounds like a totally standard 205 1.9 GTI outer cv joint to me.

BDA-it

ok nice one ive got some sapres with another car i bought ill go check what i have.

Unless anyone has some Genuine Peugeot CVs for sale? 6 bearing ones, were the standard ones 6 or 4 bearing?

welshpug

Standard 1.9 was a removable 6 ball, 1.6 and base model, 106 etc are non removable 3 ball.

BDA-it

So possibly if i can get hold of Genuine Peugeot 1.9 outter CV i might be ok, looking into it the shafts i have must be PTS because its got a ZF Diff.

Anyone know where i can get a CV from or an uprated good quailty one?

There is a pair of the shafts i need/run on ebay but they are not cheap i can get a pair made for less with CVs that will be easier to source in the future.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251847601934?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

welshpug

your local motorfactor can do CV joints.

BDA-it

Want genuine ones if possible as they will be better quality.

What sort of money should these be ? spoox has come back to me with a price and telling me they are very rare and hard to get etc! But if they are a standard 1.9 cv they could be selling me one they have got from euro car parts and trying to pull my pants down

welshpug

Dave mac props can probably supply a good quality CV if you ask them, their website does say they are a GKN dealer.

standard CV's from my local factors are about £30 each, though I;ve never used one on a competition vehicle, only my mum's 340k mile 405 TD.

Edited by welshpug

BDA-it

Yeah Dav MAc can do them but they want the sahft sent up to them to produce it and 4 weeks i think he said.

Still trying to get to the bottom of what CVs were used on the PTS shafts if its just a genuine Peugeot CV thats what im going to try and source before getting some made!

Also you dont know who is best to get the Lower Rose Joint RBJ79MG do you? M20x16 1.5 pitch?

mollisk

The very early cars used special shafts to suit the early ZF diffs ( The diff end plate and crown wheel were one piece ) This is perhaps what your mechanic remembers ? The RBJ79MG bearings are available from PAM sport in France and an equivalent bearing from tricompetition, also in France.

http://www.tricompetition.com/fr/rotules/series-competition/kitcar/rotules-de-pivots-de-205-et-309-gr-a-de-106-maxi-et-306-maxi.html

BDA-it

Cheers Mollisk, They are ZF PTS Shafts but the CV seems the same as a 1.9 GTI do you know if they were or were they uprated?

Many thanks

mollisk

hello BDA,

As far as I am aware the CV's were the same as std 1.9 gti's. I have used CV obtained from GKN without issues ( touch wood ) The only failure I have experienced has been with the tripod cup joint on the short shaft which I put down to incorrect plunge.

Regards,

mollisk