• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
joshsnoad

Gearbox Rebuild Kit

joshsnoad

Hey i am in the process of rebuilding my gearbox as part of my car overhaul. I found Welshpugs topic on his rebuild and he said that he used fast track bearings to get all his bits. On looking on their ebay sire they no longer list a set for BE3 gearboxes and the Peugeot kit set is pretty dear!

Has anyone had any experience with any other rebuild kits on ebay? is the quality ok? or does anyone know of any other good places to source the bits?

Thanks in advance for your help

welshpug

I built another BE3 box last week, used a different supplier this time.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171212921836

one stop gearbox shop, they are very good on communication, they wont ship the kit till you've confirmed your bearing numbers, though for a BE1 and 3 box there aren't any differences that I know of, only on the BE4.

that kit comes with the input shaft seal carrier/clutch release bearing guide tube too which makes it quite a bargain, as well as a big tube of sealant, arrived next day as well.

joshsnoad

Did you notice if the makes of the bearing were decent and not crappy chinese ones? If they seemed good, then thats a great price!!

Miles

That kit looks fine other than the cheap Diff seals, SNR are used by Peugeot

welshpug

as miles said, the diff seals seem a bit cheap, but I've run them on my 205 for about 15k without any problems and I think DCC has given his about 10k of DEATH.

Miles

It's only 2 different bearings which are cheap on there own