• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
GLPoomobile

1St Time In Years I've Been Happy To Fill The Tank

GLPoomobile

I filled up my Volvo, plus a gallon tank at the weekend. Paid 90.9p per litre! I can't remember the last time I paid that rate! :blink:

That was at Tesco, 104.9ppl normal price plus 14ppl discount on the Clubcard Fuelsave offer. Happy days :)

• Like 1

Daviewonder

I was in the same boat last week. Tesco unleaded plus 20p per litre discount, at 87p per litre I treated the V6 Coupe to a full tank :)

Ams

Tis great yeah! Prices are on par with the 2007 average. I wonder if anyone else finds themselves driving less economically as a result of the current fuel price drop. :ph34r:

• Like 1

nveeate

I wasn't aware of the supermarket fuelsave cards - will have to look into them. I manage 12 mpg ave on my weekend car and 21mpg on my daily driver, so those kind of savings would add up!

GLPoomobile

Tesco's offer is you accumulate a 2ppl saving for every 50 quid you spend over a month. We don't spend a lot per month so my typical fuelsave discount is 8ppl, but in Dec i got that up to 14ppl with all the xmas shopping!

dcc

I filled up my 205 last night with 99 stuff at tesco, it asked for the clubcard, so I called to the misses and she passed me hers - when pressing buttons it asked 'do you want to use your 5p/litre fuel save' - smile on my face:) Haven't told her yet, but what's hers is mine, right?

• Like 3

farmer

I had a similar success story Dan

Went into Morrison for an 80p Sun paper.

Had the Mrs match and more card, scan it when prompted as you do.

Received a nice £5 voucher, lovely job

Edited by farmer
  • Like 1

farmer

Usually a Daily Record man but get stuck with the crap English press in Berwick

• Like 1